View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

Default The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Well good morning my lovelies. I'm back from my little bit of R&R, and of course that means I'm up a few pounds (how Mike can live in Louisiana and not be a great big fat guy is anybody's guess). I thought grocery shopping here in the North was full of landmines, but um, seriously you Southerners have it worse, much worse. One whole aisle (from the cash registers to the far back wall) of the Winn Dixie was like a freshman college course in how to deep fry everything and your mamma. OMG! Now here in Michigan you can easily find a can of creole seasoning, you can even buy spiced dredge and Shakin' Bake, but I've never been in any store that had an entire aisle dedicated to "deep fry" quite like that. Not only did it fill an aisle, it spilled into the area between the aisle end caps and the perimeter meat coolers and was featured adjacent to every sort of raw meat and seafood as well. Even worse, the "fry" aisle was nestled between "beer" on one side and "munchies" on the other. Until last week, I did not know that pork rinds come in different flavors and that more than one company makes them, here in MI we only get "original" and that's if you can find them. Wow, I think I gained a couple of pounds via proximity. Thankfully I didn't have access to a kitchen, alas no "fry" experimenting opportunities for me. But now my DH is jonesing for southern cooking, blessedly he also has to watch his weight and has more will power than yours truly.

Health Goals:

1. Calories 1,400-1,500 or lower.
2. Water 100 oz daily.
3. Workout 5 hours total.
4. Protein 25% or better.
5. Calorie deficit 3,500 or more.
6. Log everything and post daily.
7. Do not be a weekend slacker.

Other Stuff:

1. Call and get booth cookie sales arranged and make sign-up sheet.
2. Type up new G.S. calendar and note about parade.
3. Call 4-H office about mandatory meetings.
4. Call guy about the elliptical.
5. Call dad about wagon for Friday.
6. Call Dr. about appointment.
7. Housework 45 min daily + 1 load of laundry.

Lenten Goals:

No white flour
No white sugar
No skipping workouts, and no more than 2 consecutive days off.
No cheating
No profanity
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13

Last edited by almeeker; 03-12-2012 at 04:29 PM.
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote