View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #46 (permalink)
fit4luv
FitDay Member

Lightbulb You guys keep on stretching my knowledge base . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoVino View Post
Yes, that's the bottom line. How much Magnesium are you getting? And what brand? You know there's new research indicating that the RDA is too low and people should be getting 500 mg a day, not 400-420. When I first started tracking I discovered I was woefully short. I was getting around 200 mg a day, and that's WITH my multi.

Since I've been taking a separate supplement (Magnesium Citrate) and eating carrots, popcorn, and pumpkin seeds daily I'm averaging around 600 mg/day which is what one needs if they're doing a lot of cardio, which I'm doing. I no longer feel tired any more and I sleep better. Both can be attributed to proper amounts of Mg in the diet.

New research indicates that Magnesium should be about half of the Calcium RDA, which is set at 1200 mg.
OK - just wanted to be sure I was understanding correctly. Sometimes I'm a bit slow. My kids laugh at me when I get my words "up-mixed".

I'm using Centrum 1 tablet daily. Magnesium is 100 mg. Yikes! So that means I should be eating about 500 mg/day and/or supplement more.

ETA: I looked at my log for the last couple days. I've gotten 250mg & 225 mg Magnesium thru eating. Today my intake of Magenesium is 280 mg through food. Doesn't quite make the grade, does it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Simply put... people want to change, but they don't want TO change!
Nice quoatable quote.
:::act_FIT = Focus/Intake/Train . . .+++{} KEY 2 progress
::::progress_2 WIN ~> Start (12/18/11) BMI 40 @ 220 lb

ONGOING: 7/26 ~ 206.4 . . . ADIOS: -12 lb @ 208 lb
ONWARD: /~/ next HURDLE= BMI 37.5 @ 205 lb
*/* FUTURE PRIZE = HEALTH -> BMI 22 @ 120 lb (-100)

____
CLICK -> FitDay's Best of Series *FAQ, How To's, Links & MORE

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-09-2012 at 11:39 PM.
fit4luv is offline   Reply With Quote