Community
Notices

Helloooo

Old 03-08-2012, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Congrats on the 4 pound release of Fat! Yippee! So is he a Taurus?? Cause we are very very Bull-headed! LOL! It sounds like he has a great deal of his own "hangups" passed on from his family so again I feel for you but I also after that one post feel for what sounds like the baggage he has from past esperience... If a habit is instilled in us especially early then like his big carb breakfast (oatmeal is great!) it is healthy compared to lots of bacon eggs ect...) (growl stomach growl!) in his beliefs and yeah the scratch pancakes wholewheat are like going from a no-no to a health food, it is a step in the right direction for him and lets face it for the most part men and women crave different foodstuffs alot of the time. The walking is a great start, I myself walk alot and feel better for it of course I have lost very little if any weight due to the fact I drank way too much sugary caffienated beverages and snack on unhealthy junk alot. So I was not gaining weight but I certainly was not doing enough but it was a start. Maybe you could walk with him some? Also there may be some recipes that he will enjoy that you can make and be good for the both of you? I realize soe of these types of differences can cause for a great divide and even a possible end in a relationship, it does not have to be that way. I hope you can both get healthy and not feel guilty for doing so! ( kinda silly to think we should feel guilty for getting slimmer and eating better and at the same time we feel that way when we eat like pigs!!)
Old 03-08-2012, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, his life before me was just, to be blunt, gross. He's improved a lot (except that he joined me in my cake/cookies attack). Before me, he ate nothing but fast food and prepackaged junk; he had naps throughout the day and night rather than sleeping all night; he never got any exercise. He says he was fairly healthy until he hit his 20s and was out drinking every night and eating hangover food every day. He quit drinking when his 20s ended but the weight has stayed.

But he grew up in a family where there were often no fruits or veggies in the house, all the meat and starches were deep fried, and everyone was ginormous. I don't know how much his brothers weigh; I know they wear size 6x and his one brother has to go to the hospital whenever he wants to get weighed because it's the only place in town with a strong enough scale. Last I heard he was almost 600 pounds (and an alcoholic diabetic). His brothers can't stand seeing him making healthy choices when they're doing nothing. They even have said "you think you're better than us, you're a snob" because he doesn't have diabetes. It's a mess.

I had the opposite growing up; my mom was always skin and bones and I was a chubby kid and she'd put me down for being fat while sticking big plates of spaghetti in front of me. When I slimmed down in high school she refused to see it and still called me fat because I was over 100 pounds. She briefly went up to about 140 when she hit menopause, and lost it by eating one bunch of broccoli a day for two months. Broccoli's healthy so that's the right way to lose weight, right? RIGHT? I've got my own set of crazy family issues, haha.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default WooooooooooHooooooooooot!!!

Originally Posted by nobe
Oh, and I LOST 4 POUNDS THIS WEEK, haha

In spite of negative pull in your life, you're filling your life with positive and wonderful things! Now that's a major acheivement!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Dear Lord! You guys have alot of "crap" to live with/work through. Sometimes it is best to never be around family members than to have that kind of thing go on to ya. You are definately a very strong willed individual and I think your man is as well but just alot of conflict up in the brain to work through like the devil-angel on your shoulders type thing! Keep at it....!