Notices

Total Newbie Looking for Diet Buddies!! :)

Old 03-07-2012, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Total Newbie Looking for Diet Buddies!! :)

Hi! My name is Janet - I need to stop making excuses and feeling sorry for myself - PLEASE HELP ME! I'm looking for motivation, support and accountability. I also want to be able to help others - I have no idea how this works but my goal this week is to make Fitday a priority over facebook! Please send me a msg if you can help me!! TIA
Old 03-07-2012, 08:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Janet - well, I'm probably not your ideal buddy - since I have no answers for sure. It all went swimmingly well - need to lose ten pounds? No problem until my 40's. Yikes. Things got way out of hand and before I knew it... fluffy does not begin to cover it. Anyway, here is what I know - keep at it, forgive yourself if you make a mistake, just logging the food and activity can make you think about what you eat - which is really what it's all about. Nothing is off limits for a lifetime, so - start as you intend to finish, maybe? Less food, good choices and much much more laughter. Good Luck, Lynnbe
Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Janet! Welcome to FitDay. If all you're looking for is a "diet buddy" there is a thread stickied to the top of the Newcomers Forum. However, I suggest that you look around all the different forums. There is a wealth of information to be found. There's also a heaping helping of motivation, inspiration and advice. Also check out the Best of Series. It should better acquaint you with everything around here. Your goal of making FD a priority over FB is admirable. I spend way too much time on FB myself, stupid smartphones
Old 03-08-2012, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Lynn and Tori!! I agree with you Lynn that I'm already cringing about the foods that I have to log LOL it certainly does make me think twice about if I really need something! And thanks for the info Tori - I'm excited to learn more about the forums and discussions! Thanks again!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Jho82. You sound psyched up! Good work, now get busy on achieving your goals.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Janet,

I am new here as well and right there in that same boat.
This place seems really cool and can be very helpful, very useful if you take advantage of all it has to offer; you will meet your goals before you realize it. Make it a habit, just part of your everyday new life.

Steve-O