Notices

Spiritual Side of Wight issues

Old 03-04-2012, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Spiritual Side of Wight issues

I am starting this thread because I believe that my weight issues are about calories in , calories out, and the motivation behind why I eat. I have come to the realization that previous diet attempts didn't work because the spirit side of me was not overhauled as well. I am coming from a Judea-christian point of view but am interested in hearing from all other points of view.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

I'm with you on that issue. We need to address the "all" of us. Connecting with people is crucial for me. This forum, obtaining medical care, and attending a weekly health group helps me to remain focused.

For me, my spiritual life is very important on my health journey as well.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Didnt get much reply from my post. I will persevere. Today's message was about having a spiritual view of health, nutrition etc. As a child of the creator, am I really sending positive self messages when I am down on the process, my weight, my body?
Old 03-07-2012, 02:34 PM
FitDay Member

I like this! Tell me more.

I also feel that the reason why this time it is working is because my focus is much different.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mrskateduvall
Didnt get much reply from my post.
I'd reply but I take issue with "Judeo-Christian". One is either a Jew or one is a Christian. But don't let that stop you. Carry on.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

I am so new to the forum thing, I am not sure how to keep a conversation going.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:44 AM
FitDay Member

I just keep thinking that there is more to it than what I eat. I want to live as the Creator intended for me to live, and I doubt seriously that it includes fastfood and other things deemed bad for me. Not sure what a Godly diet would look like. I have these 25 things I try to do each day, and while they include keeping it under 1800, they also include prayer of thanksgiving over each morsol.

what are your thoughts?
Old 04-01-2012, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, prayer and thanksgiving is good. Also I feel very fortunate for the offerings of the land and the efforts to grow the food, raise the animal, etc. If I really think... since my "weight loss plan that has been working" started I have had that frame of mind going. Rarely does any food go to waste in the house, and I cook in smaller quantity. Something as simple as, "Hmmm I feel like having fish." If I had to go out and fish for the fish, would I still entertain my whims of what I am wanting to eat as much? We have so much bounty to be so very grateful for.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

You bring up an interesting point. Weight issues tend to be as a result of something else - physically or mentally or both. What that is varies by each individual person. I feel after much searching within myself that it has more to do with me internally and how I respect and treat and feel about myself than anything else. I have ignored that I am getting older and my body is changing with age. The question is why have I ignored this? Still trying to figure that one out.

There is a great book called Care of the Soul by Thomas Moore that may give you more insight to how you are feeling and what you can do to heal your wholeself.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
I'd reply but I take issue with "Judeo-Christian". One is either a Jew or one is a Christian. But don't let that stop you. Carry on.

Judeo-Christian is a "term that is used to describe the religious writings, beliefs, values, and/or traditions held in common by Judaism and Christianity."

According to our Jewish brothers, Christians are accepted as worshipping the same God, and likewise many Christians emphasize common historical heritage, and religious continuity with the ancient spiritual lineage of the Jews. Adam, Moses, Abraham, Isaac, Noah, Daniel, Elijah, Elisha ....

So, like Paul of Tarsus, one could be a Jew, and a Christian. Jews and Christians recognize the same God, our Heavenly Father.

Really makes us brothers & sisters.

And yes, I agree. We need to be physically healthy and, spiritually healthy.

My prayer would be like Tiny Tim's ... "God bless us, every one!"

Last edited by doublejusa; 04-01-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.