View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
lcriswell0421
FitDay Member

thanks for the encouragement, ladies. i did some reading this morning, and it looks like the changes i've made so far are good ones. like you said, i'm eliminating white things and replacing them with whole grains. i love bread, but i'm cutting that out as much as possible. one thing i'm not seeing on any of the exchange lists or diabetic diet lists is oatmeal. i love having a packet of instant oatmeal in the morning for breakfast with 1/2 c skim milk. if i'm keeping an eye on my overall daily carbs, will that become a big problem to have oatmeal in the a.m.?

i'm also wondering if my dr. will want me to see a dietician or anything like that or if he'll just keep telling me to cut back on carbs. what is a healthy level of carb grams per day with diabetes? i read that a healthy range is 100-150g/day. do any of you know more about this?

and thank you for the book recommendation! i get kind of neurotic about reading and learning about whatever comes into my life and i had planned on going to the bookstore later. now i know what to look for!

Re-Starting weight 7/26/13: 277
Mini goal: 270 by 8/23/13
Goal weight: 130ish by 12/25/2014
lcriswell0421 is offline   Reply With Quote