View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
canary52
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubystars View Post
I was afraid to try to diet for a long time because when I would get hungry I would start shaking from low blood sugar, and my stomach would feel like it would fill with acid and cause a sour stomach and acid reflux.

The only way to prevent this was to eat enough before I went to work on food that was fatty enough/protein packed enough to stick in my stomach until I could eat again.

I was able to start losing weight by eating very large portions of low calorie foods with lots of fiber in them which helped them to "stick" around in my stomach long enough to where I didn't have a hypoglycemic shaking fit. After I lost more weight I didn't have the same health issues. I'm able to actually feel mild natural hunger now without worrying about passing out from low blood sugar or getting a shaking fit or having an extremely sour stomach.

I think that was my biggest hurdle that I had to get over, that was keeping me from getting where I am now. So maybe other people have issues like that too (that are probably both made worse by their excess weight, and perpetuate or worsen the problem) but they don't want to talk about them.
I have hypoglycemia. I feel severe pain in my stomach when I don't eat. If I wait too long to eat, I wind up eating three times as much to "catch up" it seems. I would be curious to hear the kind of foods you eat that you find helpful.