Notices

Better now than never!!

Old 03-06-2012, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Better now than never!!

Hello all!! I've decided to finally get my life back on the healthy track.

I tore my patellar tendon my freshman year in college. Ever since then, the weight has just slowly creeped up and I've let this injury be an excuse not to work out.

Now, I'm determined to lose some weight and get my leg strength back to wear it was before my injury. But I need all the encouragement I can get!! I'm pretty bad at sticking with something once I start it...so hopefully it will be different this time.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

hi there, I just started yesterday. If you want a accountability and diet buddy I'm here!
Glad your here making a change too.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Smile cindypark27 ~

Well, you sure can change the "stick-to-it" attitude around! You can change into a new you. I also have history of not sticking to it. I still struggle - a lot.

I hope the following can help you - sharing what's working for me *~*FitDay helps me to keep at it.
Advice: Don't try to do everything at once. Take one step at a time.

I try to FOCUS ~ to be FLEXIBLE ~ to have FUN ~ all in order to be FIT.
FOCUS: This includes thoughtful planning. It includes thinking about only today when I'm overwhelmed. Also, for me it involves working on my spiritual, thinking, and emotional aspects. When my mind and heart are "in order" or more balanced, then it naturally leads to purposeful action.

FLEXIBLE: This means that I need to change something if it doesn't work for me. Be willing to change as the body changes and/or as I find out new information. Be willing to do what works for me & not only for the reason of popularity. If the popular thing works for me - than so be it. I gradually incoporate into my life one habit at a time.

FUN: Breaks - Variety - Spice -> I have to have fun along the way. It may be simple as building in breaks. Right now, I don't track anything on Sundays, but do not run wild on that day. FitDay brings fun into my life with the people (fourms) & even watching the charts as I log in. Changing how I do exercise every so often is another way to keep it interesting.

FIT: This means that I act on weekly/daily, feasible goals:
1. Focus (mind & heart)
2. Intake (nutrition)
3. Train (movement).
I make myself accountable to this group on FitDay as well as to other people in my life.

Come on and participate on other threads, especially when it's tough.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-08-2012 at 05:23 AM.