Thread: Help me!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
msmarilyn3
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mliebeck View Post
Hey everyone...
Ok... I am new to the site and always new to monitoring what I am eating. I wouldn't say that I was a horrible eater before, but I only ate 2 meals a day, lunch and dinner. I usually stick with chicken or fish. But I am trying to plan out my meals better and eat 3 meals and 3 snacks throughout the day. I need some help, I don't know much about it and I need to know if I am moving in the right direction.... here is my daily menu...

2 hard boiled eggs and 6 oz of OJ - 7am
1 cup instant oatmal - 10am
Tuna and Lettuce with Tortilla, 1 tsp light mayo - 1230pm
100 calorie snack pack - 2pm
Banana and Carrots - 4pm
Fish Tacos (not fried) - 630pm

Of course I am uping my water intake throughout the day and prob drink 1 glass of 2 % milk at some point....

So.... is this the right thing? Any input would be great. I do not have a lot of money to buy specialty food I am a single mom and I work full time and go to school full time, so I need to make what I have work. Also fruit has a lot of carbs, are these good? Because I eat a good bit of fruit for snacks if so, but I do not want to over do it.
It sounds like you're doing great The medi-fast diet uses the 6 meal a day play with 5 mini meals (approx 150-200 cals) more like snacks and dinner (300cals). Emphasis is on Protien with each snack if possible to help stabilize blood sugar. this kinda sounds like what you're doing so it should work well
msmarilyn3 is offline   Reply With Quote