Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-04-2012, 04:54 PM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

First let me just say.....INSOMNIA SUCKS!!!!!

So, I completely fell off the wagon after Momma's rude, unthoughtful, inconsiderate, and just plain tacky comments on Friday. But I've got to let it go and move on. I'm not as motivated this week, but I am determined that I'm going to get an all green (or whatever color I choose) clean week. Hopefully this will be the one. I heard about this on the radio while driving to work the other day. My first thought was 'Holy CRAP, that's not too far from Momma and Deddy's!' Yeah, it's exactly 1 mile by car. The article says that it's just "possible" activity, but when I was at my cousin's the other night, because of the tornado, we were sitting outside after the weather died down just a little bit and we could hear them howling and baying. So....yeah, might need to find another place to walk. Although, if one of them came up on me, I don't think this fat girl would ever run so fast.

Goals for the week are pretty much the same as last week. With the exception of Saturday's walk. I am supposed to go to a party Saturday, so I don't think I'll have time to get my walk in. I moved it to Friday instead.

Health/Fitness
1--calories --M-Th: 1100 no more than 1400, F-Su: at least 1100 no more than 1700
2--64 oz water or more daily
3--stick to new work out schedule--M:Zumba Tu:Cardio Burn W:yoga Th:Zumba F:Cardio Burn Sa:yoga Su:day off--Yell at me, call me names, provoke me, whatever it takes!
4--walk: Tu, W, Fr, Su--at least 3 miles each--again, PUSH ME
5--Weigh and Post daily

Life/Home
1--wash, fold, and put away all vacation laundry (still not done)
2--clean out car (still needs to be done)
3--don't stress about it, but at least think about it (seriously don't stress about it)
4--go to work, do the work, go home. don't take it with me
Old 03-04-2012, 07:51 PM
FitDay Member

Talking I'm "All Aboard"

I have a sick little girl . . . so here I am early in the morning. After this post I'll probably go back & lay down, if she's asleep.

Mike ~ Congrats on your marathon! And btw, your experience in that chain motel --- eeeks & eeeeewwwwww!

Tori ~ Please stay safe!!!
Just got caught up on the last thread. You've really come a long way & made such a great turn around in your life. In fact, from what I read of your posts, you've made a HUGE POSITIVE change.

I don't know if you remember, but you are one reason I stayed here on FitDay Forums. YOU inspire me!

So . . .if you can stand a little mush about now . . .
Here are some reasons - I'm sure I'm not hitting all your good qualities:
#1. Persistance. You keep picking yourself up - even after being hard hit like last week.

#2. Honesty. You face your problems. You are "real".

#3. Consistency. I remember reading that maybe there was only one day that you did not log your intake? Lady, you're a role model!!!

#4. Fun. What more can be said? You're one fun, witty gal!

#5.Outcome. Wow! I read that you lost "53" pounds. I veiw that as great success.

So lady -- you go girl!!!

--------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~----------1st Portion Of my Goals->
FitDay Challenge *~* Reach New Heights
Check-in:
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk
Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch & grow & reach new heights.
- Pauline R. Kezer

MON MISSION -> Log in before eating.

More of my goals to come later. Will mostly be the same except will be stretching a bit more - literally & figuratively. For example, I'll be adding in the Circuit along with my 10 miles (walking). Also, with DAY (Life) goals, I'm changing things a bit and up the anty with that. Overall, I say that I've done pretty well considering that I have tendency toward depression. Thus the reason I'm adding in "Lifestyle" miles - to keep me going with what I need to do around the house.

I may be biting off a pretty full bite this week & so the reason for this week's quote. I've been tired & grumpy with my little girl sick over the weekend, but she's on the mend.

Kim & Mern & Others -> Thank you for your congrats upon goals that I reached last week.

Let's all focus on what we need to do TODAY! (Right now it's sleep for me . . .)

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-04-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:11 PM
FitDay Member

Tori, I agree: insomnia SUCKS!!!! As for your very worthy goals, I will support you but I cannot yell at you. You are too cool. Ditto what Luv says regarding how amazing and inspirational you are. And yes please do stay safe, honey! And Luv, I hope your little girl is OK.
Mike, I wrote something on the last motivational thread. But what a horrific experience. I defintiely think you should complain to higher ups. It's not only disgusting but violates health laws.
I feel like I hijacked the thread with my problems last week; I apologize for that.

My goals:
1) 6 glasses of water minimum
2) get the eating under control
3) avoid sugar
4) lower carb
5) stretch
6) try to be more positive
7) exercise in some form if fibro allows

OK new week new start everyone!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:43 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I'm 3 weeks postpartum, I think I've lost one pound from just trying not to OVEREAT from boredom and lonliness of partial bedrest with baby (who is awesome, by the way). It's frustrating b/c I want to get out and walk and start doing things but I'm still bleeding and when I do something small, like cook one meal or go downstairs twice I start bleeding again so I just need to chill out. BUT I keep snacking b/c bored.

So my goal is to avoid mindless snacking!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

monday morning ugh
I'm just not feeling it this morning. I'll be back later to post some goals hopefully with some energy.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, people can only hurt us with words if we allow them to have that power. Tell yourself you take that power back from your Mom, and mean it. You know how great you've done in your healthier lifestyle and so do your buddies here and no one can take away your success but you. I will pledge an all green week with you and you can choose your own color. LOL A big "YIKES!" on the coyote!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning All!

I had pretty good success with my goals last week, so I'm going to keep them pretty much the same. Hopefully, the weather will be kind and I'll be able to get out walking more.

Tori,
Coyotes are more creepy than they are dangerous. I'm surrounded by coyote, fox, bear and an occasional wolf. (I live on the edge of a forest and a river.) Coyotes are generally pretty scared of people. Their cry is horrifying though! In the spring, when they have pups, they wake me up at night and it sounds like creepy, loud babies crying. I'm not sure why they would close a park, unless they were diseased, in great numbers or defending newly born pups. That's kind of interesting. Last spring, I had a bear that came to my bird feeder (3 feet from my kitchen window) each night at dusk with her year old cubs. THAT freaked me out because they are really destructive and unless everyone in the area removes their bird feeders, which they won't, they keep coming. And to think, I used to send my kids out in the back yard with tents and snacks for slumber parties! lol (Didn't seem to be the bear issue back then.) I watched deer in the woods behind my house yesterday trying to walk in snow up to their chest... It was really sad, especially since the snow was nearly gone a week ago.

This week's goals:

1. Take ALL vitamins and supplements.
2. 80 oz. of water a day, or more.
3. Calories ALWAYS under 1200.
4. Walk, weather permitting... 3 warm days ahead!
5. NO bread... nothing, nada, zilch.
6. Minimum 3 fruits and veggies a day, preferably more.
7. One 1 hour nap/relaxation period each day. (Need to recharge the 'ol batteries... )
8. Quit buying jellybeans!!!

Last edited by quinnesec; 03-05-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all my lovelies! Sorry I went AWAL last week, couldn't be helped. I'm optimistic by nature, and so tend to gloss over how much time things will take to actually complete, the planning in my mind runs smoothly, but real life is a whole different story. True to form, last week I left too many things until the last possible second. It was all worth it because DD10 took first in Individual Performance at History Day on Saturday, and received a stipend to compete at the State level. To accomplish that she needed 2 costumes, a revolutionary era flag, an antique looking embroidery loom, a pair of candle sticks, some random furniture, a back drop and one really nervous, stressed out, exhausted mother. Plus I didn't have to get just her ready, she talked me into running History Club, so there were 3 other performers plus a student with a website entry. So in addition to rehearsal every night after school, I made 4 skirts, 2 petticoats, 4 bonnets, a flowered laurel, typed 3 bibliographies, 2 process papers, 1 title sheet and part of a flag. Thank heaven the flag didn't need to be actually finished, that is a serious amount of work! Each 5 pointed star has 10 edges that must be hand sewn, and this flag has 13 stars. My respect for the work of Betsy Ross has increased tenfold.

One sad note is that my student portraying Molly Pitcher didn't qualify for State. She had a really bad bout of stage fright and her performance was flat, and another girl who did her project on Mary Todd Lincoln turned out to be a surprisingly good public speaker got the spot instead. So yesterday afternoon I took Molly Pitcher out for ice cream and we decided that History Club is about more than just the History Day competition. She's promised not to quit History Club after I promised to find some re-enactments for the group to attend. Oi, what was I thinking? Now I'm going to have to make a dress for myself (probably with hoops right?) and learn how to churn butter and spin wool.

I don't know how much I'll be able to participate this week, DH surprised me with a little vacay starting tomorrow, talk about perfect timing! Momma needs some serious R&R. We're going to New Orleans! I can't wait! Anyway, I am going to make some goals, but more relaxed than usual. And I'll only be able to check in on my phone, and I won't be able to weigh myself, but I will actually have time to check in and read the thread. Speaking of threads, I haven't caught up on last weeks, I'm about 1/2 way through, but I will have time tomorrow. And don't tell me not to bother, I'm always interested in what you guys have to say, it's like being in a room with all my chattiest girlfriends.

Health Goals:

1. Watch portions carefully, not more than 2 cheats.
2. Water 5 bottles every day.
3. Walk 10,000 steps daily.
4. Work out, do the Shred or hit the hotel gym for 30 min daily.
5. Write, log food everyday to the best of my abilities.
See Luv, I'm taking your funky lists to heart WWWWW...

Other Stuff:

1. Get laundry done.
2. Finish cleaning house.
3. Call Jo.
4. Call guy with elliptical parts.
5. Call Tom.
6. Get taxes done.
7. Pack my stuff and pack bags for kids.

As you can see most of that second list needs to be done today so I gotta get going.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn,

I know that the coyotes are generally afraid of humans, still doesn't mean I want them hanging around the yard. Where Momma and Deddy live is surrounded by wildlife, I'm okay with that. As long as the critters leave me alone. When I was walking Thursday evening I kept hearing something rustling in the woods beside me, and it unnerved me enough to find out what it was. Yeah, it was a blue jay LOL!! I've been out of the country and in the city too long!!

I would update my original goals with my weight, but it takes too long to do so with the ole phone....so I'll do it here instead.

Starting weight this week is....199.4 lbs

I'm off to be bitchy at my vendors. No particular reason today, sometimes I just gotta keep them on their toes.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Amy-I swear you really are Super Mom!! I wanna be like you when I grow up!

And don't brag about your little vacay. I wanna go back and I've only been home for a week!

Have fun though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.