View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rubystars
FitDay Member

Default Why don't people like this answer?

I've had people at my job notice that I've lost weight. Part of me doesn't mind this, but part of me thinks it's none of their business and they shouldn't have been looking at my body anyway, but I suppose it's human nature to notice such things. Anyway, on to my main point. I've had a lot of people, mostly women, asking me how I did it.

I told them that all I did was count calories using fit day and tried to stay between 1200 and 1800 calories most days.

They don't understand this. Some people ask "how much does fit day cost?" I tell them it's free. They say "It's free? Do you buy your food from them?" I tell them no, I buy my own food, and that I just count the calories. They look at me like this is some kind of strange concept.

One woman told me "Oh, I couldn't do that" My thought was really? Are you so stupid you can't do addition? Of course I didn't say that. I just told her as far as I knew there was no other way.

She even came up to me later and asked again how I did it, and I gave her the same answer, and she gave the same response "Oh I couldn't count calories." All I could reply to her was that I didn't know any other way of losing weight except to control the calories because you have to burn more than you take in. She frowned and obviously didn't like that answer.

It's as if people WANT a complicated diet plan or "easy weight loss secret". Maybe from now on I should tell them to eat 3 avocados at every meal or something off the wall like that. I think I'd get more positive responses.
Rubystars is offline   Reply With Quote