Notices

Unexpected error

Old 03-02-2012, 05:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Angry Unexpected error

I bought a new computer running Windows 7. I did a clean reinstall of FitDay, and I found that it would not come up when clicked. Instead, it would start and then a dialog box would come up saying that there was an "unexpected error." I wrote to FitDay support, but never got an answer. I tried it under a different profile on the same computer and, although inconvenient to switch profiles, it worked, so I dropped the issue. All of a sudden three days ago I started having the same problem under the other profile. So I wrote again to support, and there has been no answer in three days. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and, if so, what they did about it.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hmm--I don't know, I've never had a problem, either on my XP machine or my 7 Pro 64 bit machine. Kinda weird that it worked, then stopped. I assume your machine is clean of viruses/spyware and other applications are working properly. Hopefully you'll hear from Support!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-02-2012, 06:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks for your comment. It is totally befuddling to me, but there is no issue concern a virus. Just not opening.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Did you "delete" the program or actually "UNINSTALL" it? Because it makes a difference. Try UNINSTALLING, shut down, restart, install, restart, and see if you can launch it at that point.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thank you, but I did both of the following. I installed the program on a clean install (never previously installed) on the new disk. That install was the result of a new download of the program (Premium). When it did not work, I uninstalled it, not merely deleted, and reinstalled. Maybe those details help.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

I'm out of ideas right now, but I'll give it more thought.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Unexpected error

I have created a new profile on the computer and again gotten the program running. I am convinced that there is some interaction between the way in which the profiles are configured and the program, just don't know what it is
Old 03-10-2012, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by donaldnorman
I have created a new profile on the computer and again gotten the program running. I am convinced that there is some interaction between the way in which the profiles are configured and the program, just don't know what it is
Good job creating the new profile. I forgot that would be something to test. The fact that it works now indicates to me that it's a permissions issue, so I believe you're correct in your suspicions.

For some reason your old profile wasn't allowing access to the full program before. That would be the "unexpected error", an error that appears when it's not suppose to, and one that has not previously been defined.