Notices

The Smoke Room (cigars/pipes/spirits)

Old 10-19-2011, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default The Smoke Room (cigars/pipes/spirits)

Yeah, yeah, I know this is a health forum. But we don't inhale our cigars and pipes now do we?

This thread is for cigar and pipe smokers.

I do both, but only about 6 cigars a year while I smoke my pipes usually once a day but not always.

What do you like? For cigars I prefer Mayorga. Great bang for the buck.

For pipes my favorites are Virginia-Perique (St. James Parish), McClelland VA's, Tinderbox "Special Blend", Mac Baren Dark Twist, and Orlik Golden Sliced.

Sometimes while eating all these fruits and veggies a man needs a good smoke for some robust flavor.

Any other recreational smokers out there? And if you want to talk up single malt whiskey, be my guest!

Last edited by VitoVino; 10-19-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I do like a good cigar, but it's been years since I've had one. My daughter turned 18 and has been talking about going to the hookah bar--that might be fun to try.

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-19-2011, 12:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
I do like a good cigar, but it's been years since I've had one. My daughter turned 18 and has been talking about going to the hookah bar--that might be fun to try.

Regards,
Michael

That sounds like a blast! I've heard it's a really great experience although I personally haven't tried it - yet.

BTW, don't forget to wet your whistle here: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post60043

Last edited by VitoVino; 10-19-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
And if you want to talk up single malt whiskey, be my guest!
I'm not much of a cigar man but whiskey is my weight loss secret weapon. One or two measures will last me the same time as 3-4 glasses of wine or Lord knows how many beers.

My current tipple is this gorgeous Welsh single malt: Penderyn Distillery | Madeira finished single malt Welsh whisky: Penderyn Welsh Whiskies Online Shop
Old 10-25-2011, 09:08 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by helveticat
I'm not much of a cigar man but whiskey is my weight loss secret weapon. One or two measures will last me the same time as 3-4 glasses of wine or Lord knows how many beers.

My current tipple is this gorgeous Welsh single malt: Penderyn Distillery | Madeira finished single malt Welsh whisky: Penderyn Welsh Whiskies Online Shop
We all know alcohol is very bad for weight loss, but if you're going to do it, straight shots make sense. I'm not much into whiskey, but good tequila does it for me. A nice chilled shot of Patron is tough to beat.

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-27-2011, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

A nice chilled shot of Patron is tough to beat.
Oh man, it's been a long time since I had a good tequila. I've put a bottle of Patron Silver on my Amazon wish list (weirdly) and will be writing to Santa.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by helveticat

Weight loss 'secret weapon' eh? Never thought of it like that, but you've got a point!

Not familiar with Penderyn but I'll have to see what the reviews are. I'm partial to The Glenlivet, 15 French Oak Reserve. I really enjoy the mellowness and slight oaky flavor. Nothing like it on a cold winters night kickin back relaxin' and sipping some good Scotch.

And I'm not really a cigar person either, never have been. But pipes, yeah man. A cigar is a cigar but comparing it to pipe tobacco is like going from black and white TV to color high definition.

And pipes are one of the last bastions of a man's world.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

We all know alcohol is very bad for weight loss, but if you're going to do it, straight shots make sense. I'm not much into whiskey, but good tequila does it for me. A nice chilled shot of Patron is tough to beat.
Is there such a thing as "a nice shot" of tequila? I've never met a tequila that I've liked, and I've sampled a bunch. But yeah, the stuff will get you really loco in short order.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Cain torpedo straight cut for me, with strong coffee with half & half (yes, calories, yes, fat grams), and loud talk, but its getting a bit too cold outside for my tastes.

Ah, the summer time, with a cigar with your brahs from time to time!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

wow...like-minded people...that's great...I also smoke cigars, and mostly prefer cuban cigars...I think they are more flavourful...I don't have a favourite cigar, but I really like Cohibas and Punch.

Last edited by mecompco; 03-02-2012 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Removed link, please don't SPAM, thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.