View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
wildbeanerz
FitDay Member

Sounds like you got a bad experience with a doctor. You might try speaking up for yourself next time. I know that is always easier said than done. But when they won't listen to you, you aren't accomplishing anything anyway because they aren't going to help you. So just speak up for yourself. I had a doctor who ran blood tests on everything under the sun on me once 'just because'. I was about 25 at the time and other than being about 350 lbs there was nothing wrong with me. He was astonished when all my bloodwork came back clear. I just looked him in the eye and told him "I'm not sick, I'm just fat." Luckily he and I had a pretty good doctor/patient relationship but I believe firmly in sticking up for what I or my family needs. Doctors are a business same as anything else and they want you in and out so they can get on to the next patient. If I don't feel that we are receiving the level of care that we should I stop them and make sure that things are taken care of before they get to move on to the next patient and forget who it was they were just seeing in my room.

331.2 lbs 02.21.11 (start) size 28W-30W jeans
229.2 lbs 08.06.12 (best so far) size 16W
263.4 lbs 03.03.14 (current)

Progress 67.8 lbs - 20% of my original weight

Pictures...
New Collage April 2012

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a newdream. ... CS Lewis
wildbeanerz is offline   Reply With Quote