Notices

Another New Person!

Old 02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Another New Person!

Hey everyone,

I've been using Fitday for a month now, and I am beyond ecstatic about my results so far!

A little background: For most of my teenage years I weighed around 150, which was actually a pretty good weight for me. Sadly I spent most of that time thinking I was humongous because of a few random comments (looking back now I can't believe I wasted being in good shape thinking so negatively about myself).

As some time went on I slowly started to gain and instead of taking it seriously, blamed the circumstances and told myself it would come right off again once I was somewhere else (got back home, got back to school, etc).

Following an incredibly difficult experience in my life this past year, I gave up and let myself go all the way up to 200lbs. This was kind of a wake up call of me, and it was shortly after that my sister told me about this site. The first week of just logging my foods I couldn't believe that I had already lost 6lbs. Now I'm one month in, have lost 13lbs and cannot wait to undo 3 years worth of damage by this summer the right way!

The huge thing that I have learned so far is that I have to take responsibility for my own health. It's not the university food's fault, my family's fault or any of the mean people who I have encountered this year's fault. No magic pill or supplement is going to make me skinny again, but I can get healthy by working hard and tracking what I eat

I am no longer a victim of my circumstances, and I am thankful for hitting rock bottom this year so that it could spur me on to a better life!

-Amanda
Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up ahhh . . . Very well said.

What a wonderful testimony, Amanda! Welcome aboard!