View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
desertmountain
FitDay Member

Default Bad Day

I had a terrible day yesterday and ended up eating 2 cups of dh's hamburger helper and 2 cups of his potato chips late last night. It totaled more than my daily allowable calories in that one sitting. So not worth it! I immediately went into some pretty serious negative self-talk (abusive when I look back on it--I would never talk to another person like that ) Anyways, I'm trying to make peace with myself today. I was going to eat really low calorie for a couple of days to make up for it, that was one of my excuses last night, but now I'm afraid that being overly hungry could set me up to binge again. I'm not sure what to do. I log in my daily eating plan to get it at 1200 everyday but right now the plan is 800. Anyways, I use the word binge here b/c that's what it felt like...another excuse I told myself last night that it wasn't really a binge (even though I was giving into that out of control urge to eat) because I measured everything out & ate a lot less than I would have in the past during a binge.
I'm trying to understand it so I won't fall into this again but I"m not sure exactly what happened except that I've been really frustrated this week at working so hard to loose weight but staying stuck at this plateau and then felt emotionally rough yesterday for no reason, just a completely off day. So I think that I just went to the bad old habit of reaching for comfort food since it was right there in front of me. Usually when dh makes his high cal/high fat food it's not that hard to resist since it's mostly all processed food, which I normally don't find so appealing.
They say that no one plans to fail, they just fail to plan so obviously I need a better plan. New plan: I promise myself that next time #1 - I will eat an allowable snack & remind myself that I'm NOT deprived. #2 I will not obsess over the forbidden food--I will come to Fitday and read & post for 30 minutes or for as long as it takes to get my mind off of it & back into the grove of reaching my goals. I'm not sure what else to try. Can you share what works best for you if you go through things like this, too?

Thank you for listening to me and letting me share this with you. After writing this I feel a little less scared that I'm going to go back into my old destructive habits & give up.
desertmountain is offline   Reply With Quote