Notices

Hello! I am new!

Old 02-26-2012, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello! I am new!

Hi everyone!

I'm convinced I need to lose weight, so I decided to try this site out to keep track and maybe see what I can do to lose weight.

Just a little about me... I'm 19 and female. I'm currently a 2nd year college student over in a community college, trying to get my AS in Biology and then to move up to a CSU or a UC to attain my bachelor's in bio....

As of right now, I'm weighing in at about 170 lbs at about a height of 5'3"-5'4". I am also a type 1 diabetic and I could seriously use some weightloss and better habits to better my diabetes and hemoglobin A1c. I am on Humalog via a Medtronic Minimed Paradigm pump.

I'm trying to lose about 40-50lbs by mid-December.

Tips and help would be loved. Thank you! Good luck to everyone!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Hello kyabut,
Just wanted to welcome you and wish you luck on your weight goals.
Unfortunately I know nothing about diabetes and hemoglobin A1c so i'll just give you a big hug and send you warm fuzzy weight loss vibes.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kyabut1
Hi everyone!

I'm convinced I need to lose weight, so I decided to try this site out to keep track and maybe see what I can do to lose weight.

Just a little about me... I'm 19 and female. I'm currently a 2nd year college student over in a community college, trying to get my AS in Biology and then to move up to a CSU or a UC to attain my bachelor's in bio....

As of right now, I'm weighing in at about 170 lbs at about a height of 5'3"-5'4". I am also a type 1 diabetic and I could seriously use some weightloss and better habits to better my diabetes and hemoglobin A1c. I am on Humalog via a Medtronic Minimed Paradigm pump.

I'm trying to lose about 40-50lbs by mid-December.

Tips and help would be loved. Thank you! Good luck to everyone!
Hi and welcome! If you haven't already, be sure to check out The Best of Series. There is a store house of information to be found there. Vito did a great job at compiling it. And if there's something you can't find there, feel free to ASK! There a lot of great people here with tons of advice and support. Your time frame is doable for your goal weight. Also, make sure your endocrinologist is aware of your weight loss goals. S/He needs to be in the loop regarding whatever you're doing.

My biggest piece of advice is this: get to know the site backward and forward and USE IT!! I would probably be heavier than my start weight if I hadn't stumbled upon FD. But I'm using it to the fullest, and it's working!

You'll get no "good luck"s out of me. I don't think luck plays a part in it. But a lot of hard work and determination does. I will, however, say Best Wishes on your journey.