Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Old 02-26-2012, 04:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Technically it's Monday morning here on the East Coast, and I'm still awake. So I figured I'd start us off. I got my second wind this weekend and am raring to go. Well, maybe it wasn't a second wind, but a swift kick in the pants. But whatever works. I have more drive right now than I think I had on Day 1. I realize that I'm capable of more, so I'm going to try and push myself more this week.

Health/Fitness
1--calories at least 1100 no more than 1400
2--64 oz water or more daily--I did well this weekend, so I know that I can do this, I just have to make myself
3--stick to new work out schedule--M:Zumba Tu:Cardio Burn W:yoga Th:Zumba F:Cardio Burn Sa:yoga Su:day off--I may need some help pushing myself with this one. We all know I slack when it comes to my workouts. Yell at me, call me names, whatever it takes!
4--walk: Tu, W, Sa, Su--at least 3 miles each--again, I may need some pushing and provoking
5--Weigh and Post daily--M:204.0 lbs
Life/Home
1--wash, fold, and put away all vacation laundry
2--clean out car (again)
3--don't stress about it, but at least think about it
4--first week back from work, DON'T KILL ANYONE (namely my vacay replacement)

I guess that's it. Hope y'all join me on the wagon this week. If not, I'll get awful lonely!!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 02-26-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in! I'll post later with goals

Tori Glad you got your second wind and that your home safely, lets make this a good week. I'm starting the week off feeling pretty positive.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, guys, I'm in this week, too! I was around last week, just really busy so not much in posting mode. My big goal for the week is to see under 160 before I head back to Illinois to visit old friends on Saturday. This morning I weighed in at 162.2, so could be a stretch, but aim high, right?

Goals:
1.) Less than or around 1300 calories/day
2.) 64 oz. water/day (I recently started on a medication that's a bit of a diuretic, so I really want to stick with this one)
3.) Exercise 3x (third time will be a stretch, but I'm aiming high!)
4.) Don't fail Astro 585 exam on Tuesday
5.) Finish Astro 530 HW by Wednesday
6.) Talk to potential advisor about research
Old 02-27-2012, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Me! Me! Me! I'm in!

I feel much better than I did at the beginning of last week. Thanks to encouragement last week, I have a fresh new outlook.

Tori ~ I'm going to watch your workouts this week. That's going to be my focus on you. So be aware!

Kim ~ Thanks for your encouragement last week.

bojibridge (Joanna) ~ Numbers 1, 2 & 3 will help you to remain focused for the other parts of your life & help you to reach your 160 lb goal. Great goals! Go for it!

ETA: Joanna -> I just noticed that you lost about 30 lbs. You are awesome!!!

~~~~~~*****~~~~~~

I'm posting 1st portion of my FitDay Challenge. More to be posted later. Keeping same goals except I'm going to up the water for 64 oz daily.

---->>>>
FitDay Challenge *~* March Onward
Check-in:
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk
“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu

MON MISSION -> Think & Drink Water: 16 oz/x4
{Trying out a new method for me. It worked on the weekend.}

TUES MISSION -> Walk: 3 mile

~~~~~*****~~~~~

Let's all aim to have a FitDay today!

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-27-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hey all!!! Tori, we will help push you! Kim, positive is good! Joanna, why not aim high? What's that saying about reaching for the moon and it's OK if you just make it to the stars. I'm sure I'm messing it up. Luv, I am so glad you are feeling better.
Hope this week is a good one for all.

I am in a terrible fibromyalgia flare so I am going to make my goals simple.
1) lower carb
2) avoid sugar
3) stretch, even gently
4) 6 glasses of water every day
5) do not be critical

I have been trying so hard to lose this weight but I think I have to focus this week on healing. I hurt all over.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in! Life is back to normal (my normal, anyway ) so it's time to get back in shape for spring. Luckily, here in the north, I have a bit of time before I can trade sweaters and boots for shorts and flip-flops, so I had better get moving.

I'm really excited to get back on plan. I'm giving myself 6-8 weeks to get back in the same shape that I was last summer. Should be very doable. Not getting on the scale until at least Friday though.

1. Take ALL vitamins and supplements.
2. 80 oz. of water a day, or more.
3. Calories ALWAYS under 1200.
4. Walk, weather permitting... nasty winter storm coming in mid-week.
5. NO bread... nothing, nada, zilch.
6. Minimum 3 fruits and veggies a day, preferably more.
7. One 1 hour nap/relaxation period each day. (Need to recharge the 'ol batteries... )
Old 02-27-2012, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Call out to Tori ~~~

I see that you do Zumba tonight! Have fun.

I added for my Tues Mission to do a 3 mile walk. You keep an eye on me & I'll keep an eye on you to do 3 miles. Deal?

Anyone else who wants to join in, please do.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by canary52
I have been trying so hard to lose this weight but I think I have to focus this week on healing. I hurt all over.
Hope ~ I think you sound quite reasonable. So sorry for your pains.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I'm in! Life is back to normal (my normal, anyway ) so it's time to get back in shape for spring. Luckily, here in the north, I have a bit of time before I can trade sweaters and boots for shorts and flip-flops, so I had better get moving.

I'm really excited to get back on plan. I'm giving myself 6-8 weeks to get back in the same shape that I was last summer. Should be very doable. Not getting on the scale until at least Friday though.
Yea Quinn!!! Great incentive to be ready for the nicer weather. I'm with you on that. I've a goal for our anniversary in April. So you and I have somewhat the same time frame in mind.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-27-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you, Luv. You really are a luv. It means so much to me to have those hugs, I can't tell you.

I have a similar-ish time frame to you guys. I think it's a good idea to motivate each other. I want to lose weight and get in better shape by my birthday in late April.

Quinn, so good to see you here! I like your goals. I should do the no bread. But I will try to just do sugar free and LESS carbs and see how that goes.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

My weight didn't change much last week, I'm up a few ounces. I'm gonna chalk that up to the copious amounts of snot in my sinuses right now!! I have been so congested the last few days, I'm so miserable!!
I really want to keep my momentum going to I plan to push myself this week, cold or not!!

Fitness Goals:
1. Calories under 1500:
2. Ride bike 5 days(30mins each):
3. Keep protein above 46g/day:
4. Keep water intake above 80oz/day:

Life Goals:
1. Buy swimsuit for this weekend's get away
2. Have ALL laundry done by Friday morning
3. Spend less than 3 hours at work(this is my week off)
4. Get daughter's hens ordered for her 4-H project
5. Have bags packed by Friday night for early departure Saturday AM!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.