View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
RunbikeSki
FitDay Premium Member

Default Back from an awesome trip

Hi Everyone,
I actually forgot it was Monday (even though I am at work), therefore time to start a new plan.

If you ever get the chance, take a long train trip. We had such a wonderful time. A relaxing 2 days (with a 2 day stop in Portland OR) to Montana, 4 vigorous days of cross country skiing and then a 2 day (nonstop) relaxing trip back to SoCal. Basically 4 overnights in a sleeper, a total of 8 meals - all quite good - and a few opportunities here and there to get off the train, stretch the legs and catch some fresh air.

DH is off planning the next train adventure .

I'll post pix later

So this week will be interesting. Those of you who were around about this time last year may remember a rambling discussion/debate about me trying to lose the "last 10 pounds". Ultimately I decided that I would focus on building muscle by joining CrossFit and just maintaining the weight. Well this year a couple gym buddies started a low carb, 8 week or 10lb challenge and talked me into joining. So Wed the challenge begins.

I have never been much of a super low carb dieter, but hey, I am pretty sure I can manage for at least 4 or 5 weeks.

So for now:
Goals for the week:
1.) 1 liter of water, just water, everyday
2.) 2 CrossFit, 2 Yoga, 2 runs
3.) Weigh in Wed and post
4.) Get meal plans together for the week
5.) Get trip pictures uploaded and posted
6.) Start seedlings for spring garden

Weekend:

7.) Cut back bougainvilla vine
8.) Dig and replant 2 small shrubs in front garden
9.) Feed and prune roses
10) Pick-up and plant new peach tree.

Mike, good luck on the 1/2 mara, but you really need to get a training program so you don't go out and kill yourself on these walks and take 4 weeks to recover. And why does 3:05 look familiar

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote