Notices

Grouping of Foods

Old 01-04-2010, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Grouping of Foods

I like the flexibility available by choosing each ingredient of a recipe or meal. However, it would be nice if I could group several items into a custom food item, especially for food I will be eating regularly. For example, milk and whey-protein mix into "protein drink", or to be more complicated, ground beef, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, salsa into a "Taco Salad". The only way I see to do this currently is to choose each item under "Recent Items", or to add up all the Nutrition Information and combine into one item. It would be better to add certain items, then you could take away the sour cream, for instance, without having to create a whole new item.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

I was just about to explore that and try to figure out a way....
Old 01-04-2010, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Another great request. Our PC app does this and it does turn out to be quite useful for recipes and common meals, etc. We should make sure the online app does this just as well.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:39 PM
FitDay Member

I've always wondered why the online version doesn't have a recipe creation function like the PC version. I think it would attract more users for sure.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:10 PM
FitDay Member

This is my first time and after adding my food for the day I'm confused as to what my goals should be as far as carb, fat, protein. Could someone please explain this to me or guide me as to how to find out my answer. I'm quite excited to get started in this program.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:22 PM
FitDay Member

I cook most of my own food, so I would love to see a section where you can enter your ingredients for a recipe or custom food and have the values calculated automatically!
Old 01-12-2010, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Agreed! I've wanted to do this too, like for Five Guys. I don't always get two patties or cheese... and thankfully Five Guys lists each ingredient on their site to choose from!
Old 01-12-2010, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wiggie5
This is my first time and after adding my food for the day I'm confused as to what my goals should be as far as carb, fat, protein. Could someone please explain this to me or guide me as to how to find out my answer. I'm quite excited to get started in this program.
I aim to get 20% calories from fat, 40% carbs, and 40% protein... but my goal is to get shredded, and that's the guidance I got from the BodyBuilding forums. It never works out though... my average is around 55% carbs and 25% protein, and 20% fat
Old 02-08-2010, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

The only way I have found to do all the contents in a food (for example a strawberry-banana protein shake) is to go to the following day, enter the individual ingredients and take the Fat-Carb-Protein data from the "Calorie" chart at the bottom of the page.

For the vitamins and minerals, you would, of course have to click the "Nutrition" tab and enter the totals from there.

You would then use that info to make a custom food "Protein Shake with Strawberries and Banana".

I am hoping there is an easier way, but if there is, I have been unable to come up with it.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

[link removed]

Check out this website. It allows you to input ingredients and # of servings and it gives you the nutritional info for each serving then you can just create a custom food that way.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-10-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.