View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 04:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
frenchhen3
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubystars View Post
Thanks. I think it's only temporary if I can somehow afford $25,000 surgery later which I don't know if I ever will, but at least I'll be at a decent weight one day. I went to a pharmacist and asked if there were any creams or even prescriptions that could tighten up loose skin and she said only surgery could fix that and that even toning exercises won't really do very much for it.

I'm planning on losing the rest of my weight and then waiting 2 years and seeing what I'm left with, it might not be as bad as I think it will be but if it's really bad to the point where I need surgery not to feel ugly that will still be frustrating.

Thanks for the tip frenchhen. Right now my clothes are covering everything but it's good to know there are ways to hide it if it got worse.
Ruby, my clothes are also "covering" everything. I guess what I am saying is that the camisole that I wear is a bit "huggy" and keeps the "loose skin" a bit more firm, and I feel tons better in the skin that I am in. It's not quite a spanx type firmness on a daily routine, but hmm, maybe a security blanket feel under my clothes. You know like the difference between wearing a regular bra and a sports bra, only on my whole torso? I don't feel like that loose skin is marching to the beat of a different drummer when I walk, etc.