Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Old 02-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

I know I'm a little early to the party. It's been so hectic that I wanted to make sure I got off to a good start.

Goals for the week:

0 eating past bed time
1 gallon of water/day
2 pounds
3 heavy lifting sessions
4 policies
5 servings of fruit/veggies
6 miles
7 days of logging and posting goals

Terri, I expect you to be dolled up this week.
Quinn, I'd like for you to check in and join me on the wagon (if you can).
Kim, I'd like to see some pics and vids from your trip.
mh, I need you to stick around all week.
Tori, You need to stay out of OPP (Orleans Parish Prison while in NOLA)
Amy, I want to see you up it to 128oz. of water. If I can do a gallon, so can you!
Pam, Your race is over, congrats. I hope to see you back this week.
Julie, I want you to hit your step goal. You can do it!
Mern, I don't care if you brown bag it just no bags over your head this week.
Cassie, Card for pediatrician... THIS week.
Ashlie, I'd like to see you here for 7 days and join the weekend warriors.
Kay, Same as Ashlie... 7 days hun, you got this!
Luv, I wanna see you hit that moon that you're shooting for.
Darlene, I want you to back the squats down from 5 days. At least one day of rest for your legs between squat days.
Mea, Weekend warrior for you.
April, Keep doin' what cha doin'.
Julie, 7 days for you. Rock it this weekend!
Lizzie, Did I miss your goals last week?
Joanna, I want to see some obtainable goals for you.

Did I miss anyone?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-12-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:14 PM
FitDay Member

mmmaannn, I wanted to start the next week's thread. oh well, means I can sleep in in the mornin!! And I am ALL OVER not going to prison! This week that is....next week, might be iffy!!

My actual goals for the week....

Health/Fitness
1--Walk M W Th--can't Friday cause we're leaving
2--drink some more water, woman cannot live by diet mountain dew alone
3--get at least 3 good work outs in before leaving
4--weight loss? I'll try!!

Life
1--make sure all clothes are washed and ready to pack by Wednesday
2--run by Wally World and pick up new eye glass case
3--spend some quality time with Jassie. Bless her little kitty heart, her momma is leavin her for a week
4--pack no later than Thursday night
5--DO NOT GO TO JAIL
Old 02-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Saturday and Sunday are still this week.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:14 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks Mike for getting things rolling, even if it is 3 hours early. I guess you just had to be first in line .

I'll be checking in until Wed then AWOL for a week and a half. Off to Montana for cross country skiing via Portland. We are taking the train from LA to Portland, staying with friends for a couple of days, then the train from Portland to Glaciar National Park for 4 days and the back.

Tori, I didn't get around to mentioning earlier that I think your plan to move back home for a while is totally on track. It seems like a win-win for you and your parents.

Cassie, I too struggle with throwing perfectly good food out. The number of people who do not have enough to eat upsets me tremendously. But at some point I have to remind myself that keeping my belly full won't help those without enough to eat. And overeating will ultimately only hurt me.

To everyone who responded to my quandry about my over weight co-worker, thanks so much for your thoughtful comments. I think that when I get back I will invite her to stroll up to the local shopping center for lunch. I know she usually drives but it is only 3 blocks away. There are lots of choices there, good and bad. My favorite, however, is a wonderful grocery store with a salad bar, a deli with lots of good selections, and a sandwich bar that I rarely take advantage of, but it is tons better that the Carls Jr. next door. Maybe a walk up then we can go our separate ways for food, and a walk back.

I will try to check in a time or 2 before I leave (no cell phone reception, let alone internet there)
Old 02-12-2012, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

Last week kind of fell apart, but this is a new week, and I'm in, but with some revised goals. Fortunately I did manage to lose .5 pound last week although I have no idea how. But let's not dwell on last week.

My goals:

My goals:
-Keep carbs, fat and protein at 40/30/30.

-Plan and prepare ahead so I don't come home at 5:00 having no idea what I'm doing for dinner.

-Lose 1 pound.

-Walk 3 times this week.

-Strength train with kettlebells at least 2x

- Take vitamins and supplements daily

- Get to bed by midnight

- No caffeine after dinner.

- Check in daily.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Saturday and Sunday are still this week.
oh yyyeeeahhhhhh
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I considered putting the sleep goal in again, but I noticed something and wondered if this happens to anyone else. I feel better-rested and more alert after sleeping 6 hours than 7...but always heard that "at least 7" is the optimal level for health and turning off the production of cortisol...anyone know anything about this??
I don't know any science behind it, but I asked my doctor once how much sleep I should be getting and he said anywhere from 4-8 hours a night. Everyone is different. I know that I function best on 5-6. Anything more or less than that and I feel zombie-ish the next day. I say, whatever works for you STICK WITH IT!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Red face New Week

Yes, yes, we are all off to a new week. My week got derailed about Wednesday, I didn't even have the guts to post after that! Im a wuss! Stress got me, I've eaten everything in sight and chewed my nails down to a sore, mangled mess... UGH

Fitness goals:
> 1400 calories daily
2 tervis water
NO NAIL BITING
45 minutes activity with kids
Zumba twice!!!

Non fitness goals:
kids sale entry
1 load laundry per day
clean 1 room per day
car washed/cleaned out

I've really got to get motivated and get some stuff done, when I eat crap, I feel like crap, so nothing gets done!!! Good luck to all!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not starting the day very well. I went to bed last night with the beginnigs of a migrane. I woke up this morning feeling a little better, but the head still hurts pretty bad. I didn't manage a huge loss last week, 0.6 lbs. . But at least it wasn't a gain. Gonna have to work extra hard this week, cause who knows what next week will hold. Speaking of next week, Mike, we haven't ironed out all the details on the bet. What do I get when I win????

I'm going to try and have a good Monday at work. But it's not starting out too good. The main printer is broken and my 1982 printer aty station won't feed the paper right. SIGH Monday....
Old 02-13-2012, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. I've fallen into some really bad habits, firstly the whole week goes along well enough, then Friday night hits and I fall long and hard off the wagon and can't get my head around being on plan again until Monday morning, and secondly my workouts have been lack luster, inconsistent and infrequent. I need to get this under control, before I have to go shopping for a whole new fat lady wardrobe.

Other than being a human vacuum at the table, I did finally finish a rabbit cage for Jingle Belle, OMG it was funny. DH helped me with the final assembly last night and we carried it up the basement stairs, it got stuck at the top and wouldn't go around the corner into the kitchen, so there I am with a rabbit cage squishing my face and it would not budge. We ended up taking it back down the stairs and out through the basement door that goes directly outside, and walking it around to the front porch. Anyway after a bit of housekeeping on the porch we put her into her new cage and she jumped all over and raced around, it was hilarious. So now I'm on to making another cage for Alfie. It is starting to look like Oreo is pregnant, but I could just be imagining the baby bump. We should have weighed her beforehand.

Health & Fitness:

1. Calories 1,400/day.
2. 128 oz water daily (Mike you really should have challenged me to something harder, I'm already at 50 for the day and I haven't even worked out yet).
3. 7 hours exercise.
4. Calorie deficit 5,000.
5. Protein 25% or higher.
6. Log & report everyday.
7. Last Monday 164. Post weight: 165

Other stuff:

1. Cut all the pieces for the other 3 rabbit cages.
2. Finish my little part of the taxes.
3. Housework 45 min daily +1 load of laundry.
4. Call guy about elliptical parts.
5. Distribute 4-H calendar.
6. Finish 3 pieces for Betsy costume.
7. Write down the most wonderful thing that happened.

The next couple of weeks are going to be really nutty, so I may not be on as often as usual.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Weighing in at 218.5 this morning, a pound down from my restart yesterday. Could be a scale fluctuation, but I'm hoping it's water retention loss. Met all my Sunday goals which were an effort to try to break my recent reinstated carb addiction.

Don't know if the gnawing and burning sensation in my stomach last night was from too much fiber (my target is 25g and I achieved 41g) or whether it was phychological. I do recall mentioning in a mid-day post yesterday that I felt deprived, so maybe it WAS psychological. Anyway, a snack of turkey sausage and string cheese relieved the evening burning and gnawing sensation bringing my totals for the day to all green numbers of:

1540 calories, 9% of total calories as sat fat, 14.9g carbs less fiber, 41g fiber, 133g protein, 165mg cholesterol.

Based on yesterday's experiment, my goals this week will be rigid, but only temporary to break my carb addiction:

3 low carb, vitamin fortified protein shakes as small meal replacements before dinner
Low carb, on-plan dinner
Evening snack of solid food protein and fat such as meat and cheese
Calorie limit 1600
Carbs less fiber limit 20g (usually is 25g)
Fiber range 25-35g
Protein target 120g
Sat fat limit 12% of total calories
Cholesterol limit 300mg
Veggies/fruit 4-5 servings

Exercise 5 times
Water 60 oz.

Last edited by Mern; 02-13-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.