View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
bettmrr
FitDay Member

Default Don't despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiebabes View Post
Would someone please help me shed some light on this issue....
I have drastically cut down on calorie intake (averging about 900-1000 per day) I'm female 35 years old, 5 foot 6 and 14 stone
excercising for 50 mins every other day and 30 mins walking everyday
I have been doing this for 2 weeks

AND STILL THE SCALES SAY NO WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!

They are electronic so its not like they are broke I just don't seem to be loosing any weight at all and I don't understand why.

If someone can help me please do!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by janiebabes View Post
I'm eating pre packaged meals with the calories on them so that should be right, maybe my body is just putting up a bit of a fight at the minute and clinging on to the blubber.

I will not quit, I feel smaller and my clothes are looser, but no actual weight loss..I suppose its all a bit of a "dark art" and i should stop over analyzing, if my body is shrinking does actually loosing weight matter, may be that will come in time???

Hey there,

I was in the same boat until just this week, this is my 3rd week in to my new healthy lifestyle. I was really disappointed i was not seeing any result for my efforts. yes i felt great and my body felt tighter but the scales wasn't having any of it. So I didn't panic or lose hope rather I made some changes to my diet. Brought my daily cals intake from 1400 up to 1800 (yes up) and tried to eat more regularly rather than going the whole workday without eating which i was doing. I too have heard that eating too few cals can put your body into starvation mode. Think of your metabolism as a fire- you've got to keep refueling it to keep it burning if you don't feed it enough and often enough it goes out.

I also up'd my protein intake as i am a veggie and really wasn't getting enough despite eating lots of meat substitutes and egg whites. I now try to balance my meals out to 30% fat, 30% protein, 40% carbs (similar to The Zone).

Hey presto this week I've lost 5lbs and 5% body fat. Fingers crossed this continues.

Have you used the tools on the weight goal tab? I recommend setting yourself a realistic weight loss goal & time scale. The tools will help you determine how restrictive you should be with your calorie deficit (burned - eaten)

Hope this helps.

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-13-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: added quotes