View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchhen3 View Post
You can lose on that level. And truth be told, why not? Be honest about your food, be accurate about your caloric counts and it will happen. Be mindful when you eat. Focus on the taste of the food.

Don't forget to move around. Don't forget to drink your water. Eat GOOD food and you won't be as tempted to eat "bad" food. At least that is how my little brain works.
I don't know that I agree with that, not knowing anything else about the OP. For example, if I ate 1800 calories a day, I'd barely be breaking even on the days I exercise, and gaining on the days I didn't. And I do know this for sure, because I've had the body fat/body composition hydrostatic weighing done, and it even goes a step farther than most calculators and takes body composition into account when calculating calories burned.

My best advice, other than the aforementioned logging in of sleep, is to find a calculator that takes into account your height, weight, and age, as well as activity level to tell you realistically how many calories you burn in a day. The smaller you are, and the older you are, the fewer you burn. What I did was to find some such calculators online, then I adjusted my FitDay to be consistent with those. It came in line when I started logging my sleep.

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote