Thread: Atkins
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 03:46 PM   #40 (permalink)
FitDay Member

I lost a ton of weight very fast on Atkins the first time but it didn't work as fast the 2nd time and didn't work at all the 3rd time. The first 2 times as soon as I started eating the Atkins breads & allowable snacks, the cravings would hit me like a ton of bricks & eventually I'd eat off plan & that would kick me out of ketosis and my weight would balloon up quickly. By the 3rd time I knew that it was the processed Atkins foods that had grains triggering my cravings and I avoided them but I just wasn't loosing weight even though I stayed strictly on track. It was sad and I really wished that I had stayed with it the first time since the weight came off really, really fast. I lost weight faster on Atkins than with any other plan except for the intense exercise program, P90, along with low calorie eating. For a meat-lover like myself Atkins is definitely easier than any other plan I've tried.
Now I'm eating a modified South Beach, with no grains and very, very limited starchy veggies since carbs immediately cause a weight gain for me. This seems to be working out for me.
I think Atkins is great. If you're doing it for the first time my advice is to stay strong and stay with it until you've reached your goal weight b/c like many people it may not bring you the same results the second or third time around. And if you're having unusual cravings, check for grains in the processed low-carb foods. I think some of us just can't eat grains without cravings or weight gain.
Good luck to all of you!
"Most folks are about as happy as
they make up their minds to be."
- Abraham Lincoln
desertmountain is offline   Reply With Quote