View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 02:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
desertmountain
FitDay Member

Speedyfair-that black bean & cabbage soup sounds interesting. I just saw an episode of Good Eats (Alton Brown is my favorite chef on Food Network) on cabbage, something I've never had much success cooking before but will try again. Farmer's markets are so much fun! I love farmer's markets. It'll be a great way for you to eat healthy & locally while supporting local growers. I always lost a lot of weight on low carb diets and like you would gain it all back when I stopped since it was too hard to maintain that as a way of eating for the rest of my life. Now I'm trying to learn which carbs are okay & which ones I'll always have to avoid or limit since those are such a big problem for me. I eat a lot of veggies and the non-starchy veggies, although high in carbs, don't cause any problems, so I'm getting lots of carbs now.

Almeeker: Awesome! You're in the LL Bean jeans already?? You go girl! You're my inspiration. Too bad we don't live closer, I could trade you seedlings for your old clothes LOL. It's always been so hard to find petites in larger sizes. I'm able to fit in my 20's now and even into a couple of the 18's. I bought some size 16's doing P90 last year & can't wait to wear them again. A rebounder is a mini-trampoline. Here's the one that I ordered http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stamina-InTONE-Jogger/5513932 I like the bar to hold onto. Doing aerobics on hard surfaces is really hard on my back & joints and the rebounder was the least expensive low impact thing that I could find. This time I'm learning how to avoid injuries since daily exercise has got to be part of my lifestyle from now on. Yeah, sadly I have to agree with you and dh, that 'hoop house' doesn't look so hot. Too bad b/c it's so inexpensive to build. BTW, dh says the quonset hut design holds up to wind if you have a prevailing wind to orient it to, high winds are a problem for us as well. I'd really love to have a traditional greenhouse, but they're so expensive & for the small gardens that I grow, it's not practical. I hope the extra time spent on your elliptical works to break your hovering...hovering should only be for helicopters and not ppl losing weight. Have fun in the Windy City!

Pattialbert: WooHoo 270's!! Yep, you'll be living in the 270's soon I do that same thing, go down a bunch then my body goes, whoa! and jumps back up a pound or so, but it's always the signal that that lower number going to be staying and soon! Congrats on the hard work.

Last edited by desertmountain; 03-31-2010 at 02:19 PM.
desertmountain is offline   Reply With Quote