Notices

FitDay's Best of Series: Healthy Snacks

Old 01-03-2010, 09:46 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up FitDay's Best of Series: Healthy Snacks

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

The following is a collection healthy snack tips from our FitDay Community members. They've been assembled (copied over) from many threads. Thank you to all of the contributors!

Hopefully you'll find some things in here that will help in your weight loss/lifestyle change journey.

While all foods are basically OK in moderation, this Moderator has removed any references to what he believes are not genuine "healthy choices". This was done to eliminate confusion and temptation.

The assembled posts were gathered from threads inquiring about healthy snacks...
- high in fiber
- low in calories
- high in protein, low in fat
- to squelch hunger
- for mid afternoon and nighttime
- for on the go

You'll find them all here!

As always, if you have any suggestions for other posts to be included, you may always PM one of the Forum Moderators.

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-11-2012 at 01:15 AM. Reason: kickoff post
Old 01-06-2010, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

For a late night snack try a LF yogurt-Light and Fit. They have the lowest calories. I will always drink a 16oz water or Crystal light to start with. If all else fails I get off my butt and away from the TV and go clean something. Last night I deep cleaned the bathroom and then drank more water. I completely avoided unhealthy snacking It's worth a try!

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-10-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: condensed
Old 01-06-2010, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

General Foods International coffee, the sugar free french vanilla is 25 cals a serving and is rich and creamy and satisfies a sweet tooth.

Orville Redenbacher 100 calorie pack buttered popcorn is brilliant for a salty/crunchy craving. Claussed Pickle spears come in at 5 calories a spear. These are guilt free go-to snacks. Oh, almost forgot, Delmonte makes sugar free mandarin oranges, these are SO good!

I have also heard if you wait 15 minutes the craving will go away. I don't think so! = )

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-10-2012 at 09:26 AM. Reason: condensed
Old 01-07-2010, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

My favorite snack is air popped popcorn with cinnamon sprinkled on top... I also usually have a few grapes or half an orange to fulfill sweet, juicy and munchie cravings all at once
Old 01-08-2010, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

100 calorie packs of microwave popcorn.

Beef jerky.

Pretzels.

Sugar-free pudding (I like Kozy Shack's rice pudding).

Triscuits and cheese.

A also end up drinking a lot of water and/or fresh brewed iced tea (with Splenda) to keep myself feeling full.

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-10-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: condensed, removed signature
Old 01-08-2010, 05:17 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by queenovhearts
Hi guys,

What healthy snacks do you keep on hand for between meals (apart from the usual vege sticks and fruit)? I keep hard-boiled eggs, low fat yoghurt, and almonds, but am getting a little bored with them.
Weight Watchers has a veggie beef soup that is a "freebie" on their list. If you can get access to that recipe, it is a wonderful change from the raw veggies and nuts.

It may not satisfy a knawing hunger, but I chew gum to take my mind off that hunger pang. Part of keeping aware of how many times that right (or left, maybe) hand goes to the mouth with food is resisting the temptation to do it so chewing gum keeps the mouth chewing but not on food.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

I drink hot herbal tea with some sweetener like stevia or splenda. And it takes a while to drink since its hot, and the sweetness really does mentally satisfy my hunger for sugary foods. If I'm craving crunchy, I make air-popped popcorn with I can't believe it's not butter spray. (0 calories)

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-10-2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: condensed
Old 01-09-2010, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

Sugar-free jello, low-fat frozen yogurt, carrot sticks, sugar-free candy, apples, oranges, celery, gum...ummmmmmmmm I don't know what else. I try not to snack much!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

I work at McDonalds, with adds to the challenge of losing weight. But, when I'm on break I order the Fruit and Walnut snack. It's all really good. It has red and green (too sour for me!) apples, grapes, lowfat yogurt and candied walnuts. All for about 200 calories, which is decent. I order them on my breaks and sometimes order a few to take home because they're easily stored in the fridge.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Snack combos

I like to vary my fruits and veggies cause I KNOW...they can get boring. Today I took the skin off of a cucumber and sliced it and cut a raw red sweet pepper...dipped both in fat free ranch. Also:

rasberries with walnuts are good

yoghurt and grapes/apples

Some snacks other than fruit/veggies:
Pretzels and peanuts
Wheat bread with peanutbutter
Dried cranberries and peanuts
Eggwhite/cheese sandwich on wheat bread

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-11-2012 at 05:04 AM. Reason: added title

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.