View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
whatevsk
FitDay Member

I give myself two days a week where I let myself indulge in my cravings (not completely, just one small portion of one thing I really want). I feel like I'm only living once, if I really want a few bites of that cheesecake, why not? But you have to make sure you're control, because it can be a veryyyy slippery slope.

Another option is, really think about your craving, and find out if there is a healthier solution to it. A few of my examples:

Pizza. Instead, why not get some very thin flat bread, and put some seasoned vegetables and tomato sauce on top, then a sprinkle of cheese. Then heat it up and enjoy

Ice cream. Graham cracker and a little low fat whipped cream. Or (and healthier), blended frozen bananas with a little almond milk (yummm).

Chips. I make homemade sweet potato chips instead. Thinly slice a sweet potato, add some herbs and a tiny bit of salt, drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, and throw in the oven.

And for chocolate, I just eat a tiny piece of dark chocolate.

I find that restricting too much often can cause diets to fail, at least for me. If I've been too strict, I often find myself binging which is far worse than the small indulgence every once in a while

Edit: Another tip! Drink a glass of water or tea any time you're hungry. Sometimes when you think you want food, it's really your body telling you it just wants more water!
whatevsk is offline   Reply With Quote