Thread: No Support
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

Hi, xSookie.

Reading your post, and reading the responses, I wanted to ask if you might feel a little more comfortable telling us a bit more about yourself. For instance, how much weight do you want to lose? I know it's uncomfortable to put your weight stats out there, but it may really be the best way to offer suggestions to help you.

Handcycle, I appreciate you looking out for xSookie, but speaking from the perspective of a person who was quite overweight as a 16-year old, I would have felt even more helpless coming to a site for help and having it implied that I didn't need to lose and was trying to live up to a Hollywood ideal. You may be completely right, but we don't know the OPs personal or family situation. I do agree with you that teens are developing (I've got a 15-year-old at home) and that weight loss tips and tricks that are good for adults may not be the best for them, but suppose she's in the obese category and is trying to learn more about nutrition so she can be healthy, only to run into roadblocks from her parents?

I may be well off the wall, but I just wanted to put this out there to validate her concerns and to see if a bit more information could make it a little clearer as to what is needed.

I know we've had 18-year olds here before; don't know if anyone 16 has posted. Does FD have a lower age limit???

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote