View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
jennylou311
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoVino View Post
First let me say that threads are closed for Administrative reasons. Since you've got a genuine concern and there aren't many threads that discuss this topic, you've done the right thing by starting a new thread.

As far as the database is concerned, they are currently adding LOTS of new foods. I've seen it myself. And if you put requests in, through the Feedback Forum, they will add that food in. FitDay is very good about this. As far as your "big mac", well some people do eat that, and many have requested that fast foods be added to the database.

Not to discourage you in the least. So why don't you list the foods you'd like to see on this thread. You mentioned steel cut oats.

For juices, if you want the real "apple juice", made on your own with a juicer, it's really not "juice" is it? It's the pulp. Then you can add water to it if you want. So if you want the nutrient value of apple "juice", you can weigh out a raw apple, then use FD's database of [Apple, raw]. Why doesn't FitDay list "apple juice"? Probably because they vary so much, especially with added sugar content. So they'd have to list specific brands in order to be accurate. Even then, the food industry is always changing recipes. But as I mentioned, FD is currently updating their database with new foods, especially name brands.

Why not let users enter a custom food and then share it with other users? I sometimes use another similar site and they give you an option of whether you want to share a custom food with everyone. I do like fitday because you can track nutrition better on here than anywhere else. So thank you for that!
jennylou311 is offline   Reply With Quote