View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Shell250
FitDay Member

I am enjoying reading this thread, the no BS approach is refreshing and motivating! I think alot of us here, including myself, have tried all kinds of different 'weight loss programs', and are just sick and tired of how the whole industry plays on the emotional end of weight loss. Time to get real now.

There is no reason why we can't care for ourselves, no matter what is going on in our lives, under any circumstances, we can find some way to do this basic thing for ourselves. I'm not sure if there is anything more important than doing this. Everyone has their own circumstances and needs to find their own way.

To the parents out there, I think you would be doing your kids a real favour by incorporating a healthy lifestyle and showing them how important fitness and maintaining a healthy weight really is. I did not grow up in a home where this was valued.

Thanks Mike for bravely starting this thread. Nice pics too-although you look sort of serious; if I were you, I'd be grinning from ear to ear with that kind of success! Congrats, what you have accomplished is really fabulous.

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can." - unknown
Shell250 is offline   Reply With Quote