View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
mecompco
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga09 View Post
Hello All,
I am a first time poster and I guess I am looking to everyone out there for two things: advice and encouragement. A little background: I am a 24 year old male; I finally had had enough of making excuses for myself about my weight so Oct 14 of this year I decided to do something about it. Since then I have gone from 226 lbs to 205 lbs. I have done this by being very careful of what and how much I eat. The problem is I have been “stuck” at 205 for 10 days now! I know plateaus are common, I guess I just need some advice on how to get through this one. My close term goal is to be below 200 lbs by New Year and 175 or below by March.
I’m pretty sure that 21 lbs in 60 days is not bad. But I just don’t see why I am stuck! I eat 1200 calories a day and sometimes struggle to get that high. I know that seems low but I eat when I am hungry and never feel like I am starving. Three weeks ago I felt well enough to get back in the gym and have been doing 40 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of strength/ weight exercises every other day. I guess I am just getting down on myself because I am trying to do everything “right” and am no longer being “rewarded.”
So if anyone out there has any advice or word of encouragement please let me know.

Robert
Robert, sounds like you are doing well. I'm sure you'll get advice to eat more, but I don't totally buy into the whole "starvation mode" thing (not that I'm an expert, by any means) and 1200 "good" calories can be fairly comfortable.

Plateaus just happen sometimes. Perhaps change up your exercise schedule? Do something every day?

You could also look at your foods--maybe there are some changes you would make--getting rid of some more simple carbs helped me during a plateau.

How much water do you drink? That can help as well.

Don't get discouraged--I bet you'll see a major drop soon!

Regards,
Michael

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote