View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
In truth you "can" eat any of those things, you just should "choose" not to, and not just for your waist line, most of those foods can also stop your heart, raise your blood pressure, shoot your cholesterol through the roof and/or give you a stroke. Well I don't know about you, but I find the term "choose" easier to live with than "can't".
I agree wholeheartedly.

I am also of the mind that if I continually deprive myself of something, I will go hog wild (emphasis on hog) with it eventually. I plan for my cravings by adjusting the rest of the day (sometimes the day before and / or the day after)...if I can work it into my pie chart and calories, I eat it. However, it takes some planning; if I eat it impulsively, all bets are off and I'm screwed...I'll just compulsively snack the rest of the day. Like Amy said, "bookend" it with healthy food; do something to get the taste out of your mouth afterward as well.

Of course, some people do better if they don't give in and avoid those foods completely. Everybody is different; you'll have to experiment and see what works best for you.

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote