View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

Good morning everybody!!! I was up on the scale this morning and fighting that "down-in-the-diet" feeling, until I tried on a pair of jeans that I couldn't get on last week. They fit this morning!! Okay, yes they are snug, but they are zipped and I can still sit and breath - at the same time.

Speedyfair: Thin bagels eh? Sounds good, I've been using the Earthgrains thin buns and the Aunt Millie's Slimwiches. They are both about 100 calories, 1.5g of fat and maybe 21 grams of carbs. Both come in "whole grain" and "multi-grain". I've been using them like bagels and sandwich buns, and using Greek yogurt instead of lite cream cheese. Yummmmmm..... I'm doing a reduced carb diet, but I could never do Atkins, I'm not a vegetarian, but it's a near thing. I grow the spaghetti squash in the garden, the kids love it. I never thought to use it like pasta, we normally just spritz a little spray butter on it and maybe toss it with some herbs. I'll have to try that.

Desertmountain: No I did not see the Jamie Oliver thing, I got a play by play from the hubby and was sort of surprised that this site wasn't on fire with it Saturday morning. DH said that it was sad and funny all at the same time. The kids couldn't identify vegetables, couldn't use silverware and you'll never guess what the school served for breakfast... Pizza. Yes that's right, pizza for breakfast at the elementary school. At one point Jamie went into a home at random and opened up the freezer, it was full top to bottom with frozen pizza.

Sorry to hear you're hovering, me too at 188-189 no less, in fact I've been up the last 2 days, and I have no idea why (hopefully not the popcorn). So this morning I increased my elliptical ride by 15 minutes. So we'll see if that helps. I've never even heard of a rebounder, let alone use one. I quite love my elliptical, it's very easy on my old broken down knees. DH says he's going to fix the stationary bike and drag it in to the house.

Hopefully my "up" trend will break before Thursday morning because we're going on a little weekend trip to Chicago. And it seems to me the last time I went to Chicago I gained 5 pounds. So wish me luck. DH's phone has internet so I can check the menu's before we eat anywhere.

I'm going to have to second your husband's opinion on the ugliness of that greenhouse. That would never hold up to the wind we get here in March and April. But hey, it's better than what I have going on right now.
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote