Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 01-29-2012, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

So, I'm not as motivated as last Monday, but motivated none the less. I woke up this morning at 211.4, which is 4.2 lbs smaller than last Monday. WOOHOOO!!

Gonna keep my goals the same. Will post them a little later, for now I've gotta get to work.

Ladies, here's hoping to another great week. (and I promise I'll do my part to not hijack the thread this week with silly bets and such. don't know if Mike will or not )

Have a great Monday everyone!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:25 PM
FitDay Member

According to my scale, I managed to gain a pound rather than lose a pound last week. I'm not too discouraged though because I'm wearing a skirt I've never been able to wear before. It is one of those things that was a bargain so I bought it even though it was a little too snug figuring it would fit soon enough. Unfortunately, the scale was moving in the wrong direction and I never wore it until today. So yeah, the scale doesn't tell the whole story especially when it is that TOTM.

I'm keeping my goals pretty much the same. Last week I didn't get my miles in, and I only managed one kettlebell session, so I'm really going to focus on getting it all in this week.

My goals:
-Keep carbs, fat and protein at 40/30/30.

-Plan and prepare ahead so I don't come home at 5:00 having no idea what I'm doing for dinner.

-Get weight below 150.

-Walk 20 miles on the treadmill.

-Strength train with kettlebells at least 2x

Hope everyone's week will get off to a good start.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning Ladies and Mike. I'm not feeling terribly energetic this morning but I did make it out of bed at 5:00am and did a tiny morning workout, only 15 minutes, but it's better than nothing. Last week Quin said she's having to ease back onto the wagon in baby steps, which sounded like a plausible plan for me as well. I didn't worry about getting too much time in this morning since the kids are in the pool tonight and I can easily workout for 90 minutes, possibly 2.5 hours if I don't get distracted or pulled into a "Swim Mom chit chat session". Don't get me wrong, they are a nice bunch of ladies, but when they sit around complaining about their health (which they will), it's all I can do not to shout, "Well get off your whiny butt and DO something about it!". Which might just get me lynched. Anyway on to some goals.

Health:

1. Calories 1,400 M-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S.
2. Water 100 oz daily.
3. Calorie deficit 5,000.
4. Protein 25% or higher.
5. Workout 6 hours.
7. Steps on the pedometer 10,000 daily.
8. Log and report in daily INCLUDING WEEKENDS.
9. Take measurements on 2/1/12.

Other Stuff:

1. Call mom about babysitting Friday night.
2. Housework 30 minutes daily + 1 load of laundry.
3. Finish rabbit cage and start 2 more.
4. Plan Girl Scout calendar for February.
5. Order GS badges.
6. Keep spending to a min.
7. Send in prescriptions.

It's a long list, but most of it can be done quickly, right? Good luck everybody. And BTW, we do infect each other, I'm sure of it. Mike gave me his PITA. Although I might have his PITA because I've been such an exercise slacker lately. Well I've gotta go, it's time for drop off.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:32 PM
FitDay Member

Oh and Tori, I totally don't mind if you hijack the thread to harass Mike. It's actually pretty amusing. And did I mention last week that your before/during pics are AWESOME, well the second pic is awesome, the first pic is clearly your fat older sister lol. Good job lady, keep it up!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

My goals for this week:

-1600 cals
-2 fruits and 2 veggies daily
-5x exercise
-20 squats daily (or until my knee gives out)
-eat more protein

Other goals:
-clean shower
-buy food scale

Starting weight is 285.

I'm not sick anymore, though hubby is down with bad sinus congestion. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for walkies.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Oh and Tori, I totally don't mind if you hijack the thread to harass Mike. It's actually pretty amusing. And did I mention last week that your before/during pics are AWESOME, well the second pic is awesome, the first pic is clearly your fat older sister lol. Good job lady, keep it up!!!
Yeah I think you mentioned it, but thanks again!! I posted the same pics to facebook and one of the guys here at work mentioned it already this morning. He said "that first pic was really really old, right?" When I told him that it was just this past summer he was shocked. And now he's been calling me The Incredible Shrinking Woman. I'll take that name over some of the other things I've been called LOL. Gonna get back to work and actually be productive. Catch up with you all later
Old 01-30-2012, 01:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Tori! 4.2 lbs in a week is amazing! You are truly an inspiration!

Julie
Old 01-30-2012, 01:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Kay, you are so right that the scale doesn't tell the whole story, how your clothes fit is so important too as well as how you feel overall. You are doing great!

Julie
Old 01-30-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Almeeker, these look like great goals, how do you get 10000 steps?? Do you have a job where you get to move around alot? I have been wearing my pedometer every day for a couple weeks now, and I'm not even close, even on treadmill days! Good luck tonight avoiding the chit chatters!

Julie
Old 01-30-2012, 01:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

xyxst, nice goals for the week! Good luck with the squats, they are soooo hard for me, not the down part, just the up part!

Julie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.