Notices

Eating By Color

Old 02-02-2012, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Eating By Color

Is anyone out there doing Eating by Color?
Old 02-02-2012, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not sure what that means. I try to eat different colors of fruits and vegetables to get different nutrients.

I've also heard of some people having success cutting out "white foods" from their diet like bread and pasta and white potatoes, but I don't personally do that.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forums.

Do you want to say more about "Eating by Color"?

I teach my kids healthy eating by using variety of colors with fruits & vegetables. According to food pyramid plans that I refer to, they recommend eating variety of fruits/vegetables throughout the week by eating variety of colors.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

I usually eat while watching color HDTV, so that's how I do it.

Sunday is going to be a cheat day as I watch my Giants beat up on the Patriots hopefully. I'll be drinking some amber colored beverage as well as eating a variety of different colored foods.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino

Sunday is going to be a cheat day as I watch my Giants beat up on the Patriots hopefully. I'll be drinking some amber colored beverage as well as eating a variety of different colored foods.

hahahahahahaha. Ooops Ijust snorted.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:46 PM
FitDay Member

Hi A friend of mine did this to encourage healthy eating with her toddlers and herself as they were big finger food kid. She lost a few pounds but better then that she created a really good habit for the kids they were here one night for dinner and the little one was telling me how he would need a red food for bedtime snack as he had not had any red today.
I don't know if I remember them all but I believe it was white (onions, garlic, leeks, tea,milk)green (broccoli, kale, spinach) red (apples, peppers, tomatoes, wine) black (coffee, chocolate) orange(papayas, oranges, carrots) yellow (peppers, corn,peaches). Thats about all I can share but it sure can't be unhealthy to eat by color unless that color is pink cotton candy or my nemesis right now red cinnamon hearts.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino

.................................................. .....
Darlene, what a great testimony in eating healthy. Colors is something that kids can easily identify with. Often they (experts) talk about eating like the "rainbow".

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-03-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

So the Giants won the Super Bowl! I'm sure the Patriot fans are green with envy. But this fan is in the pink, even if I was a little blue on Monday about overindulging on amber colored drink and multi colored foods.