Notices

Society and body image

Old 01-31-2012, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Society and body image

Over the past twenty years I have dealt with the many discriminations that come with being even the least bit over weight. When it comes to the dating scene I have had blind dates show up at my door and literally say "oh Hell no" and turn on their heels and walk away leaving me standing there. Yes it's a true story and a painful one. I have had men tell me they won't be seen with me in public but would be happy to just stay in the house with me because "at least" I had a pretty face to look at.

To the Men and Women in this world that make the decision to judge and discriminate against the other Men and Women of this world who are just a little over weight to being morbidly obese... I say... "STAND BEHIND ME" You are of no consequence to me.

I am on this journey for health and happiness. MY HAPPINESS... and MY HEALTH are far more important to me than YOUR ACCEPTANCE.

I am intelligent, beautiful, thoughtful, funny and very caring. So to those men who dismissed me and passed me by.... You have missed out on getting to know a good human being here who just happens to be an over weight woman.

NO... I am not entirely happy with my body shape... but that is ALL it is... A SHAPE... A SHELL to shelter my soul. And I am taking the measures and steps to rectify that.

But I can tell you this.... I am quite pleased with the inner person that I am.
If you want to laugh... I'll laugh with you.
If you want to talk..... I'll talk with you.
If you want to be friends..... I'll be your friend
If you want to go along on this journey of health with me..... come along... if not... then stand behind me and walk the other way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Photo-0013.jpg (65.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 01-31-2012, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Some days I wish the forum had a "LIKE" button like FaceBook!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

LOL... I know... and thanks... ☺
Old 01-31-2012, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

How about this for the "Like Button"?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

Old 02-01-2012, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

hehehehehe thanks for the "likes" and thanks for the applause

hugs and more hugs and ♥
Old 02-01-2012, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

well said!! While I've never had a guy say "Hell No" and walk away, I have had the "well we can just hang out". Which means "I don't want to be seen with you, but at least I can get me a piece".

WE ARE WORTH SO MUCH MORE!! I just wish I had realized this at an earlier age, maybe then I wouldn't have put myself through so many bad "relationships".
Old 02-01-2012, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Great post. Made me think of this...

As the immortal Jay-Z once sang:
"He who does not feel me is not real to me
Therefore he doesn't exist
So poof...vamoose...S.O.B.!"
Old 02-01-2012, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

I too have long been a subject of size discrimination, I feel your pain and support you. It's horrible and unfortunate that you've been hurt by individuals that were clearly too stupid to realize the lovely person you are.

I actually had a friend in college, who after getting to know me said that she thought I must be the most underestimated woman on earth. Not so much because people looked at me and thought me worthless, but because I was judged by my size and their own personal limitations in life. I have no idea if she was right about that, but I think she was a least on to something. I have talents aplenty that are not visible to the naked eye, especially if you cannot see past the fat parts.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

I say absolutely to all of you. And Bravo to all of us... for seeing ourselves as we should. We all have wonderful talents and great personalities. We should never look down upon ourselves. We need to continue to change our mindsets.... Really SEE Who we are... as opposed to thinking... "ohhh I'm just a hopeless fat person" I say PFFFT to that... I am worth a lot to many.... I am worth so much to myself. I AM WORTH THE LIFE I LIVE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.