View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #31 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

...and if we're not willing to do what it takes, we stay in the pit.

Eventually we just get tired of being there. I like what you said about wanting things with minimal effort, skypilot77. I think that's what I was trying to say yesterday and couldn't figure out how to put it.

It is so empowering to know that we have the choices, control, and power to make things different. Excuses are all about what is being done to us; we are all at risk of slipping into that, as opposed to what we can do to change things. Even one small change is a step forward.

I think there should be a thread with our most ridiculous excuses for not doing what we know we should do. Putting it down in black and white would certainly show how bogus we sound when we kid ourselves. I know I have had some real winners . Like the sweat rash one...who wants to exercise with a rash?! But...I know I gotta put on the big girl panties (literally and figuratively) and get on the treadmill.

I am sorry if this comes across as preachy or "superior." It really motivates me to practice what I preach if I put it down in a public forum and become accountable for it. No offense to anyone. We are all at different places on this journey and I respect everyone for trying.

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote