View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 06:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
finallyfree73
FitDay Member

For the longest time I kept telling myself I wasn't fat, even though the sizes on the clothing tags kept going up. Sure I knew I was packing on a few pounds but I quit smoking and Hey, I felt entitled (stupid I know). It didn't really hit me just HOW fat I was until I picked up some photos that I got developed at Walgreens. I was quickly sifting through them and found one I didn't recognize (being that I am the camera person). At first glance I was like who is this fat woman sitting at my table...after looking closer at the picture, to my horror, it was me!!! What a reality check.

I quit smoking nearly 7 years ago - when I weighed 139 pounds. I now weight around 180 (don't weigh in until friday) and while slipping back into my lazy rut for awhile, I have been back at the exercising for a week now (why is the longest I've done it consecutively in YEARS). So over the course of the past 6.5 years I've packed on over 40 pounds...disgusting! I never had excuses because I lived in denial that I was fat.

Great thread!

Last edited by finallyfree73; 03-29-2010 at 10:13 PM.
finallyfree73 is offline   Reply With Quote