View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 06:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
rpmcduff
FitDay Member

Default It's not rocket science

I use the approach that this is the way I will eat for the rest of my life. Not a diet but a lifestyle. Nothing is off limits, but I now understand the baggage my food choices bring. I started off slowly, one of the first things I eliminated was the multiple Cokes I drank daily. I now try to not drink any of my calories except a glass of milk on occasion. Water is now my beverage of choice.

I severly restrict simple carbohydrates like processed foods, white bread and sugar. I track my food here on Fitday and try to get 30% of my calories from protein. I don't worry at all about fat as I know the mostly whole foods I am eating contains healthy fat. I eat more vegetables and fruit than I used to. I began exercising for 20 minutes 3 times a week using High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) which consists of running for 20 seconds and walking for 40 seconds. (When I started I would jog then walk, slowly increasing my speed and over time decreasing the walking interval.)

Lest you think I have it all figured out my schedule has been hectic and I have not been exercising as I would like. (I have been remodeling a duplex with my son evenings and weekends.) The result is that I have been on a plataeu since hitting the 45 pounds lost mark. I don't let weight on the scale dictate my mood. Instead I use it as motivation.

No rocket science, everything in moderation, healthy diet and exercise.

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-04-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: added title