View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Lizzycritter
FitDay Member

My excuse for the past 2 years: "I just had a baby"... 2 YEARS ago. Before that it was "Why bother losing the baby weight? I'll just gain it all back with the next one". I come here and post often because pretty much the only social network I have is the girls at work, 2 of them are obese, 1 is desperate to fit into a bridesmaid dress that was not designed with a 30 year old "big girl" in mind, the other one looks like she'll burst her scrubs if she bends over too fast. Both of them eat fast food, diet drinks by the gallon, one brings cookies to work all the time and one finds excuses why she doesn't have time for anything other than calzones or the junk from the ice cream place next door. Quite frankly, I think I annoy them both when I talk about how much weight I've lost. I used to be an enabler to the first one, splitting the junk from the ice cream place neither of us really needed last summer. Not this year, I've worked too hard. I may allow myself an occasional frozen yogurt, but so far I don't want it. The chili cheese tater tots just aren't worth going back to not fitting into drawstring waist scrubs. I also realize the difference between weight loss and maintenance will probably come down to having milk with dinner and peanut butter on my apples and celery. If I go back to the way I ate before, I'm gonna weigh what I did before. There's no way around it, if you want the results you're gonna have to do the work. It may take me 2 years but I WILL get back to a healthy weight and I WILL stay there.

I'll add this too: If you can't do it on your own, if something physical or mental is blocking you from getting started: SEEK HELP. Accepting you need help is a sign of strength, not weakness. I have bad arthritis. Many doctors and medications later, I'm on Celebrex twice a day. I'm 35. It's hard to accept that yes I really do need the drugs. I still have bad days, like yesterday, where I eat crap and self-medicate with alcohol because I'm in pain and I don't have a better way to cope. But I have more good days than bad now, and I will not allow my medical condition to define me, stop me or hold me back.

Starting weight:182
Current weight: 140
Goal weight: 135

Last edited by Lizzycritter; 03-29-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Lizzycritter is offline   Reply With Quote