View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 03:16 AM   #190 (permalink)
ToriD1012
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
"It's in my genes, I come from a big family."
my favorite quote used to be "I've looked around my family, I won't ever be a size 4". And while this still may be true, I may NEVER be a 4. But it's not saying I can't be under a 14 (which is one of my next mini goals). Heck, maybe an 8 is doable though. One thing for sure, I'm not gonna stop trying til I get to where I think I should be. I'm going with "how do I feel and look" as my goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
"It's my thyroid..." - Really, did your doctor say this? If so wht are you and your doctor doing to correct this?
ummm actually.....yeah, PART of it was/is. Maybe 20 lbs or so. The other 80, those are mine....correction, those were mine. At least the ones that I've lost so far, the ones that are still hanging on, those ARE mine. Is it harder to lose weight being hypothyroid? Sure it is. Is it impossible??? NO, and I'm living proof of that. (oh, and that part about what is the doctor doing about it? Lifetime of meds for me, sometimes life throws you curveballs. You just gotta step up to the plate and swing).

BTW-Mike-great thread! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading it. We've all made the excuses at one point, it's just a matter of what we do to STOP making the excuses that counts.

FitDay Start-November 6, 2011
FitDay Starting Weight-255 lbs.
Height-5'4"ish
Age-36

Mini Goal Weight-??
Ultimate Goal Weight-TBD

Current Weight-??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When life throws you curveballs, it's up to YOU to decide whether or not you swing away or go down looking. I'm choosing to swing away.

"JUST KEEP SWIMMING"
Dory-Finding Nemo

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-30-2012 at 03:19 AM.
ToriD1012 is offline   Reply With Quote