View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 05:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
BBryans07
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Looking for advice on how much to work out...

Hi there. I'm a 20-year-old full time college student who gained over 20 lbs my sophomore year. I know it was from eating tons of TV dinners and drinking 800 calories of pop per day. I stopped the junk food and went to diet pop (I feel like such a hypocrit for going diet because I always told my friends about the chemicals in it...but I can't find any other way to quit drinking it!) I weigh around 168-170 lbs now, though I've weighed myself throughout the day before and I've been 165 so I'm not exactly sure how much I weigh. My goal is to be 140. So many people say this is so low but I used to be 130 lbs when I was a cross-country runner in high school. My goal is to be around 140, have great toned legs (to hide at least some of that cellulite) and to become more fit.

So here's the dilemma. I prefer to use my elliptical trainer at home since I don't have to run out in the freezing cold or go get a gym membership. I love the trainer, I'm just trying to get the most effective workout for my time. I've tried interval training but I just don't know how long I should do it for to be really effective. I'm looking to lose approx. 2 lbs a week, but I'll take anything.

Anyways, any advice would really help! Oh and I eat around 1900 calories a day and burn about 2500. Thanks guys!
BBryans07 is offline   Reply With Quote