Notices

Rededication...

Old 03-28-2010, 03:09 PM
FitDay Member

Default Rededication...

I seem to have this conversation with myself every two weeks like clockwork. I thought I would share it to see if anyone else can relate or maybe find some more advise.

Ever since I have started my journey to become more fit and healthy, i got through a cycle of doing really well for a week and a half, notice results and then let myself slip. Here I am Sunday eventing feeling bloated and sick because I am at the end of the cycle and yet another crossroad. To one side is the easy road. I can go back to easy in just a few steps and be done with it. To the other side is the hard decisions, cravings, and hard work. The answer seems to be a no-brainer, but from what I remember easy was always miserable, didn't like to look in the mirror and was unmotivated. And what I remember about hard work was that it was full of goals and achievements, motivation, not feeling sick and even a few smiles. Now the decision is clear. Hard work is the right path to who I really want to be, even if it means some hard choices and a little re-dedication.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Miki...

I really admire you for coming on and being accountable. My diets used to be like that, too. I am not sure what's different this time. Maybe being here and having the support...I know it makes a huge difference for me.

Getting to the mindset of prioritizing myself is also a change this time. I am worth taking care of, and so are you. Look at your numbers...you have made progress. Maybe it's a setback, but certainly not a failure.

Maybe the next time you see yourself start to slip, write it down. Pros on one side, cons on the other. Immediate gratification versus long range goals of health, beauty, and untold riches (okay, maybe not the last one)! But you get the idea. Find something (a picture, a quote, etc.) that motivates you to push past the temptation and put it on your fridge and pantry. Reminders of why I'm doing this are very helpful for me; it takes me out of the "I want right now" moment and helps me focus on what I really want down the road.

Your outlook is awesome and the way you are looking at it now will get you where you want to go .
Old 03-28-2010, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the advice Cassie. I just watched Killer at Large: Why Obesity is America's Greatest Threat. (We just got netflix and i was cruising through the documentaries and came across it) THAT gave me some great motivation. It was hard to hear what it had to say because you are constantly thinking, OMG WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!! with your jaw on the floor. I am going to take some quotes and thoughts from that and put them around my house as motivation like you suggested. Thanks again!
Old 03-29-2010, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

One quote I live with daily is: "If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get".