View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
dan1clements
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eperka View Post
Hello all. I'm sharing my journal entry for today that articulates an issue I'm dealing with. Have any of you had a similar experience? It would be interesting to know how your dealt with it.
Thanks!

FitDay Journal, 9/23/11.
Yesterday's stats: 1204 calories, 39.2 net carbs. Official weigh-in 243.0 lbs., a loss of 2.8 lbs. for the week. I think that is a good rate. I have to be careful not to push it too hard.

Here is an issue. What do you do when your spouse doesn't seem supportive of your program? It's a little confusing for me. I'm addressing all of the things she has been criticizing (maybe too harsh a word, maybe should be "expressing concern about") but now she almost seems to be mocking my efforts with little jabs and comments. It's almost as though she is sabotaging what I'm trying to do. I have to admit that I've started programs before and made commitments before and have always failed to do what I've said I was going to do. Maybe that's part of it (been there, done that). I do feel that this time, however, I'm going about it a little differently. I've been doing a lot of research on diet and fitness (especially on how to stay motivated), I've been reading a self-help book on how to stop making excuses, I'm using the FitDay food log and journal regularly, I've even created a spreadsheet where I can easily track my calorie balance and carb intake. I've started walking 2 miles per day, and have plans to join a gym soon (which, coincidentially, was her idea in the first place).
So why do I get the feeling that she is actually annoyed that I'm changing my habits and improving myself? It's not that she is out of shape, she is fit and trim and beautiful. I just don't get it.
All that being said, I'm not going to let this distraction deter me. I was thinking this morning that perhaps I just won't talk to her about it, but that is kind of sad in a way because it's nice to have a supportive spouse.
Join the gym today..thinking about it is great, but doing it is better...take her with you, get her enrolled as well....you don't have to do the same routines and things, but going together may help >> tell her you want her to be a part of it.
dan1clements is offline   Reply With Quote