View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 01:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenasphalt View Post
I want to be the strongest and healthiest I can be, not for a bikini, but to be the best I can be and walk the hills and miles that I want.
I lost 80 lbs. and weigh 250. I have about 70 lbs. left. to be in a good BMI range. I started walking short distances and now walk at least 8 miles day/6 days a week. I walk over that quite often, challenging myself with up to 13 miles. I found something that makes me feel better than food. Good luck with your journey.

Congratulations on your weight loss and on your new healthy lifestyle!! You rock! I'm cracking up about the "not for a bikini" part. At Christmas my sister-in-law and I were both very heavy, we were maybe within a dress size or two of each other. Since then I've lost 57 pounds!!! We're planning family vacation with all the in-laws in Disney this summer and I called her the other day and jokingly told her that I was dieting so I could wear a bikini in Florida. And do you know what her response was "go ahead I dare you". Now I'm starting to think I just might have to get one of those 2 piece but not quite so skimpy as a bikini suits....
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote