1. Figure out numbers! What's your current weight? What's your healthy weight range? Considering your built, should you aim for the lower or higher range of your healthy weight? What's the maximum healthy weight loss per week? Draw out the realistic map of your goals.
2. What's the reason behind your desire to lose weight? Simple question but important.
3. Once you figured out numbers and see a larger picture, drop it, and come close to a small picture - namely - ONE day at a time.
4. Don't try to change everything at once and abruptly. It'll be too much stress on your psyche and body. Gradual changes will lead you a long way.
5. If you can't muster patience and be consistent (even when you fall off the wagon sometimes), you will prolong your misery. To make it easier for you, remind yourself the most important thing - ONE day at a time. Why? Because that's all you have!
6. Since abrupt changes aren't suggested, start eliminating one poison at a time - an extra loaf of bread or an extra portion of something or an extra can of soda. I don't know what you eat but I'm sure you know exactly what is NOT good for your body that you're currently eating.
7. Make a commitment to move extra 10 minutes a day. Don't do too much because that will only discourage you. Small steps take you long way, like I said.
8. Make a commitment to not focus on negatives. Don't stand in front of the mirror and say "Omg, I'm so fat" or "I'm so disgusting" or "How can anyone be attracted to me?" Instead, find all the good things, such as "I made a decision to change my lifestyle to a more healthy one" or "I didn't eat that piece of greasy something that I usually do" or "I actually walked for 10 minutes today!" This way you will keep yourself motivated and inspired.
9. Any self-induced changes require patience, consistency, and determination. If you take just ONE day at a time, it will be easier to move forward, and soon, you will see how much you've improved!
10. Don't be afraid to veer off your way. As soon as you do, come back to your path. Don't bash yourself or feel hopeless because that will only keep you in a dark pit of misery where you've been for a while.
I'm sure there are more tips but I think it's enough for now. I hope it helped.
YOUR SACRED TEMPLE