View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 02:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
ToriD1012
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
The cut isn't the only thing to look for, get a good grade, although I can even make a select steak make you want to slap your mama, give me choice and angus and you'll be throwing rocks at her. BTW, nothing against your mom.
AND, when at the market, don't buy the steaks that were cut that day. Look for the ones with the "reduced for quick sale" sticker on them. They don't call it aged beef for nuthin! The market manager at my store will always let me know when he has NY Strip, T-bone or Porterhouse marked down. He knows that I'll most likely clean him out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
it makes the best s'mores too.
Hey, Smalls, you wanna s'more?
Some more of what?
No, do you wanna s'more?
I haven't had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing?
You're killing me Smalls! These are s'more's stuff! Ok, pay attention. First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham. Then you roast the 'mallow. When the 'mallows flaming... you stick it on the chocolate. Then cover with the other end. Then you scarf. Kind of messy, but good! Try some!

HAHAHA you made me quote The Sandlot!!! and now I want some s'mores!!

AND FOR YOU BARGAIN SHOPPERS OUT THERE!
When buying beef (sometimes pork) always look for which roast or whole cuts are on sale. Most supermarkets (with the exception of WalMart) have full service meat markets. Which means they will cut or grind you whatever you want while you wait. So, if bottom round roast is on sale cheaper than ground beef, ASK the cutter to grind it for you. And if a whole cut is on sale (usually even cheaper than precut roasts) ask them to cut it up for you. Think outside the box with it. Usually a whole bottom or top round can be cut into a nice sized roast, a couple of packages of ground beef and usually some left over for stew meat. Don't let the initial price of the cut scare you, yeah your gonna pay a chunk of change at a time, but in the long run you're getting a HECK of a deal!!!!

FitDay Start-November 6, 2011
FitDay Starting Weight-255 lbs.
Height-5'4"ish
Age-36

Mini Goal Weight-??
Ultimate Goal Weight-TBD

Current Weight-??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When life throws you curveballs, it's up to YOU to decide whether or not you swing away or go down looking. I'm choosing to swing away.

"JUST KEEP SWIMMING"
Dory-Finding Nemo
ToriD1012 is offline   Reply With Quote