View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
01gt4.6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattialbert View Post
I agree with what you said...Im going to add one more thing. Someone told me awhile ago...*your only cheating yourself*. You can make that work for eating or exercising.
IMO every now and then it's good to cheat. But we have to stay focus on our own goals. I say that all the time. We are all worth not being cheated by ourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofarwest View Post
No offense taken, straight and to the point...I like it

Good pictures by the way

I have used 1 and 2 and part of 3 several times over the past several years and watched my weight creep up and up.

And with help from my wife to keep me focused, not letting crap food and soda/beer into the house, and making sure I get out and walk daily I have dropped the first 17 of my goal 50 pounds in the last 2 months.
I've used many of those excuses myself, that's why I was the way I was. Having the support of your wife will truly help with your success. 17 pounds in 2 months is nothing to sneeze at, great job man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathArrow View Post
I like his bluntness. I've seen some of your posts before and I quite prefer the brutal honesty of your posts, and not something of a sugar coated truth...not as much of an impact. Great post.
Great pictures also, a much bigger difference. I have been going at this longer than 42 days...and not lost even 15 pounds yet (more like 10) but whatever. Lucky you, eh
Thanks DA, I believe in shooting from the hip, sometimes I'm more tactful than others. Either way I try to get my point across but sooner or later someone will be offended with something I say, it's just human nature LOL. 15 pounds is great! You should be proud!! What's your goal? BTW the time span between the pic on the left and right in my 1st post was about 6 months and about 35 pounds. So as you can see the first 20 came off much faster than the next 15. That's just how it goes. When I first decided to get in shape (last August) I took my fat pic. That was tough to do and I didn't realize how fat I really was until I saw that. I don't know about you or anyone else but I think I walked around slightly sucking in my gut all the time. So standing in front of the camera with no shirt... relaxed was a rude awakening. The crazy thing was I found an older picture and looking at my face I was probably a good (or bad) 10 pounds heavier then.

For anyone reading this and serious about losing weight. I CAN NOT STRESS HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR PROGRESS, NO MATTER HOW PAINFUL IT MAY BE!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-28-2010 at 09:12 PM.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote