Notices

Foods you've liked, foods you've hated...

Old 12-18-2011, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Foods you've liked, foods you've hated...

You've tried some brand new foods by being on your diet/lifestyle change. So what foods did you wind up liking and which ones did you realize you couldn't tolerate (and will never eat/drink them again because they're either so nasty tasting or you got a bad reaction from them)?

I'll start off.

New food I liked: Nutritional Yeast. Found out it's not only healthy, but it has a pleasant cheesy taste.

New food I hated: Agave Nectar. Just plain disgusting tasting. It even smells nasty to me. After trying it 2-3 times, I tossed the jar in the garbage. I'm not in the habit of throwing out foods!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Cool, I'll play.

New foods I liked: Greek yogurt. It's so good, and packs big protein. I'll never eat regular yogurt again! High-fiber low carb tortillas...Ole Extreme Wellness. They're nice and soft and I use them as wraps, with Mexican food, baked, salted and cut up for tortilla chips, and baked with spray butter and cinnamon sugar for a sweet treat. Agave nectar goes on my "like" list. I don't care for it so much "straight" but I use it in margaritas and I love to bake with it.

New foods I hated: La Tortilla Factory high-fiber low carb tortillas. I feel like I'm chewing on wood when I eat these! Flatout Crisps...ditto on the wood. I eat them occasionally, though, cause as a crunchy snack, they're pretty healthy.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Cool, I'll play.

New foods I liked: Greek yogurt. It's so good, and packs big protein. I'll never eat regular yogurt again! High-fiber low carb tortillas...Ole Extreme Wellness. They're nice and soft and I use them as wraps, with Mexican food, baked, salted and cut up for tortilla chips, and baked with spray butter and cinnamon sugar for a sweet treat. Agave nectar goes on my "like" list. I don't care for it so much "straight" but I use it in margaritas and I love to bake with it.
You've jogged my memory! Oh yeah, Greek yogurt. I've only had it since the lifestyle change, and I've liked it as well. I haven't found a particular flavor or brand yet that makes it stand out above regular yogurt, but once I do, it will probably become more of a favorite for me. Any recommendations?

How did I ever forget the High Fiber Ole Extreme Wellness? Heck, I even mention them in my recipe on this site. Never had them before, and I LOVE them. Have you tried my recipe yet for the chicken, bean, and brown rice? It goes great with these tortillas, especially the sun dried tomato flavored ones.

If I baked, I suppose the agave would be a keeper for me. But I tried it with my iced tea and with oats, and yuck. I suppose it would be a winner in baking however.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
New foods I hated: La Tortilla Factory high-fiber low carb tortillas. I feel like I'm chewing on wood when I eat these! Flatout Crisps...ditto on the wood. I eat them occasionally, though, cause as a crunchy snack, they're pretty healthy.
Interesting. I haven't tried La Tortilla brand. Glad I didn't.

Never had Flatout Crisps, doesn't sound too good either unless one is a woodchuck or a beaver.

Thanks for playing!

Old 12-18-2011, 05:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default Trying new fruits and veggies.

I am trying new fruits and veggies. I added mangos, pomagrates recently. Cactus pear was interesting. I came across a really good salad idea; spinach, pear and pomagrate with homemade honey mustard dressing. I find I am cooking more things fresh, instead of buying already prepared foods or take out.
I do get the unsalted corn chips, as I am trying to cut out salt and sugars.

Last edited by bluebonbon; 12-18-2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: not a clear idea
Old 12-19-2011, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

The salad idea sounds really good. And it's always a great idea to cut out salt and sugars.

And welcome to FitDay!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Pu-erh tea - it is supposed to support weight loss - for me it worked that day - I drank a cup and I found the taste so horrible that I wished I never had to drink or eat again.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kyra2012
Pu-erh tea - it is supposed to support weight loss - for me it worked that day - I drank a cup and I found the taste so horrible that I wished I never had to drink or eat again.
Have you tried flavored pu-erh teas? I bought the Skinny Chai Pu-erh that Teavana carries and found it was a lot nicer than unflavored pu-erh (which tends to be rather earthy/dirty tasting). I also enjoy mixing it with green tea (I have a lovely green tea with ginger that I drink daily)--it mellows out the odd flavor and you still get the weight-loss benefits of pu-erh, plus all the lovely things that green tea comes with.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

New Foods I've loved

Mashed Cauliflower - I never need mashed potatotes again

Spaghetti Squash with Marinara - not as good as pasta, but pretty good!

Mangoes - I've always loved them, but I'm eating more of them.

Not really a new food, but enjoying much more often - plain yogurt with fruit cut up in it.

Tzatziki (yogurt and cucumber sauce - it's awesome!)

Dr. Pragers Spinach Pancakes - I try to avoid too many prepared foods, but these make for a quick dinner supplement - next to a piece of fish.

What have I hated?

Fat free balsamic vinegrette - they fill it with sugar, make your own!

The time my husband made chili with way too many peppers - and I like hot food!

Stewart's Diet Root Beer - don't try it - drink water!

This is fun
Old 12-27-2011, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

New foods I love--Basa....a little lime marinade and thrown on the grill and it was MMMMDelish

New foods I hate--baked sweet potatoes. UGH!!! I was never a sweet potato fan as a child, but our tastes change as we age so I thought what the heck I'll try again. Really wishing I hadn't. It was mushy and bland and just plain G to the ROSS!!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

Torre - thanks for the advice. I haven't thought of mixing tea, but I I'll give it a try - the tea I got was from a Chinese tea store.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.